• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cactus Super J-Pole Project

Peter Walker

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 23, 2011
I would like to submit the following as my contest entry. For now I have created a pdf file with notes and some instruction on what I did to make the Cactus Super J-Pole. As soon as I get it all completed and operating I will add more pictures. Below is two pictures of the main antenna ready for Clear Lacquer Finish and then Final Assembly.

The Antenna is a Cactus Super J-Pole for use on 2 Meter and 70cm. I will post how it works once I get it operational in the next few days.

The PDF can be downloaded here

Attachments

• 4-6-2011 019-500.jpg
    4-6-2011 019-500.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 4-6-2011 020-500.jpg
    4-6-2011 020-500.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 308

The Super J-pole or extended J-pole or whatever the name is works fairly well. I built one several years ago using 3/4 inch copper for the bottom and 1/2 inch for the top 1/2 wave section. I was surprised it tuned so well. I could see a slight difference over a vertical 1/2 wave dipole so it does have some gain. Your project looks good but it will look better up in the air. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.