1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Can anyone top this? ... 202 days shipping from China

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Klondike Mike, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Sr. Member

Pleasantly suprized/shocked when I received an item from a Chinese eBay seller the other day. Took only 202 days since I ordered. I received a refund a long time ago due to non-delivery. 50% of my orders from eBay China never shows up. I guess this is a good thing that it actually arrived. Anybody have any delivery times that can top this?

Robb, tecnicoloco, Rwb and 2 others like this.

2. TM86

TM86 Sr. Member

Babies. Average time to delivery is about 274 days.

3. Rwb

Rwb Sr. Member

I cancled a couple orders from the land of almost right.3 months too long to wait when needed

Shadetree Mechanic and Slowmover like this.
  4. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

I had just the opposite happen a year or two ago. Ordered a couple panel meters from an Ebay store and was told it would be 4-6 weeks for delivery. No problem. Eight days.....yes EIGHT DAYS later it showed up. Damn I wish everything was that fast. No idea what happened but it was the only time I ever got anything that fast out of China and yes it was actually shipped from Guangzhou,China. The wife had a piece of discontinued jewellery ordered from Swarovski which ended up being shipped from Ashdod, Israel. Only store that still had it apparently. Got it in six days. Shit-house luck I guess.

Rwb likes this.
  5. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

"Slow boat from China" becomes true...

Rwb and Captain Kilowatt like this.
  6. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

More like a row boat. :ROFLMAO:

Rwb likes this.
  7. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Sr. Member

This abnormality has been experienced. They can do it. Unfortunately, most do not.

Rwb and TIN_CAN like this.
  8. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I think when you buy something, they have to make it first. It might take a while to get enough orders to make a production run?

Rwb and Slowmover like this.
  9. Captain Kilowatt

Staff Member

Usually they wait to have enough to warrent a bulk shipment and that shipment is sent via cargo ship instead of air.

Rwb, Shadetree Mechanic and Slowmover like this.
  10. unit_399

unit_399 EL CAPO

I've ordered many items from sellers in China and Thailand. Most were delivered to Colombia within 2 weeks. The only delivery problems I have experienced was when the shipper was DHL International. They posted tracking information that said my item was delivered when it wasn't. When I complained to the seller, the tracking info was deleted. The seller said that DHL said they had no record of the shipment. Fortunately I had made a screen shot of the tracking info. After sending it to the seller my item mysteriously showed up a few days later.
    My advice: ask your China seller who their shipping company is. If they say it's DHL International find a different seller.

TIN_CAN, Rwb and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  11. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Sr. Member

I'm guessing that they don't like shipping to Western Canada. I've got another at the 106 day mark.

Rwb likes this.
  12. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Sr. Member

Another eBay order from China came in today ... 135 days. Woo-hoo! More free stuff.

codeman likes this.