• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can Now Post Replies In Swap Shop.

Scott-DeCarlo-I-See-Trouble-Comin-CountryMusicRocks.net_.jpg
Scott-DeCarlo-I-See-Trouble-Comin-CountryMusicRocks.net_.jpg

Reactions: Mudfoot and Robb
Hey I'm not an admin of course. But why did they change this policy? Think that it will just create sport or clog the intent of the ad and keep it from being effective. Net result? Pee'd of seller and losing what efficacy the swap shop had. If someone wants to comment; then let them PM the seller. If they aren't really interested; then they won't bother. If someone wants to annoy someone they can always do it in the chat window . . .

Hey I'm not an admin of course. But why did they change this policy? Think that it will just create sport or clog the intent of the ad and keep it from being effective. Net result? Pee'd of seller and losing what efficacy the swap shop had. If someone wants to comment; then let them PM the seller. If they aren't really interested; then they won't bother. If someone wants to annoy someone they can always do it in the chat window . . .

Consumer reports!!

If a member has had transactions with a not so truthful local and then that local comes onto the forum trying to sell his not so good junk, why shouldn't replies be allowed??

Their is always some thread about bad repair places doing shit work, why not allow replies to swap shop items from members that have a reputation locally for selling junk??

Consumer reports!!

If a member has had transactions with a not so truthful local and then that local comes onto the forum trying to sell his not so good junk, why shouldn't replies be allowed??

Their is always some thread about bad repair places doing shit work, why not allow replies to swap shop items from members that have a reputation locally for selling junk??

The short answer is simply that people will not restrict themselves to using the reply function strictly for that. like Mole said, we will try it for a while and see but I think it will end up the same way it always has. Someone will ask too much for something and someone else will reply that they wouldn't pay that much for that piece of junk and then the seller will tell them that they don't have to buy it if they don't want and then the seller will be asked why he expects to get so much when a new radio from XYZ Sales is only $20 more and then the seller will claim the radio has all these whiz bang mods including a peak and tune and then someone will say that the peak and tune just makes a shitty dirty radio and then............. Gee it almost sounds as if we have been down that road before. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TonyV225
The short answer is simply that people will not restrict themselves to using the reply function strictly for that. like Mole said, we will try it for a while and see but I think it will end up the same way it always has. Someone will ask too much for something and someone else will reply that they wouldn't pay that much for that piece of junk and then the seller will tell them that they don't have to buy it if they don't want and then the seller will asked why he expects to get so much when a new radio and be bout from XYZ Sales for only $20 more and then the seller will claim the radio has all these whiz bang mods including a peak and tune and then someone will say that the peak and tune just makes a shitty dirty radio and then............. Gee it almost sounds as if we have been down that road before. :rolleyes:

Damn CK that reply covers about all there is to cover as to why not. ( now if I can just find out how to ad an emoticon??)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.