• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cant find a radio repair person anywhere

Think of a degree as a "license to learn". Won't necessarily teach you how to do something useful, but it should teach you how to learn something useful.

should but i know several who passed college with flying colors n cant screw a lite bub in n are over 55 years old.
An educated man will study the problem n why it happened
A smart man will try to discover a quick permanant fix for the problem

Well i gave up. Everyone i contacted is not taking in repairs because they are backed up for at least 3 months or more so they say. Sooo, in the garbage it went. Now i gotta find another one that hopefully works properly this time. Oh well

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
It was still worth money lol.
Edit: and it was from eBay, so it was probably at least 200 dollars shipped, I hope you didn’t really throw it away, and are just frustrated. What will you do if the next 148 gtl you buy has a problem with it? I’m not trying to be rude at all, but just about every radio I have bought online has had at least one minor problem with it.

Last edited:
It was still worth money lol.
Edit: and it was from eBay, so it was probably at least 200 dollars shipped, I hope you didn’t really throw it away, and are just frustrated. What will you do if the next 148 gtl you buy has a problem with it? I’m not trying to be rude at all, but just about every radio I have bought online has had at least one minor problem with it.
Lol, it was $200. Oh well. And yea i did toss it. I dont wanna deal with the whole placing an ad, pack it, ship it etc. Im just gonna buy new from now on. Used only if i can get it in person to check out first. I have been burned to many times already

Lol, it was $200. Oh well. And yea i did toss it. I dont wanna deal with the whole placing an ad, pack it, ship it etc. Im just gonna buy new from now on. Used only if i can get it in person to check out first. I have been burned to many times already

This is my approach for now. I recommend consideration.

Buy new, brother. Have one you’re happy with at every location (car, house, camper, etc). And a solid backup for each of those. The full range of gear. Antennas, too. No exceptions.

See to it that family and neighbors are served. Channel the energy outwards awhile.

Then try antiquities & oddities another day.

Damn he really threw it in the trash? $200 radio. I'd bet a little money it was simply the VCO Voltage... a little twisty and a voltmeter and he would have been in business with a minty '94 148. Where's that trash can located lol?

Its just money, i make more every day (y)
No but seriously, its just a cb radio and if i have to go thru hell and high water just for a simple cb repair service then forget it. I would rather just buy another one, less hassle

To me it's crazy how things have changed. I've been around a while and just 20 years ago we had several options in the Houston area for good techs that would actually repair stuff, not just mic wiring, mods, and peaking. Now those guys are all gone, passed away, or retired. All that's left is people that wire mic's, install antennas, set SWR, and some that will install Noise Toys. Noone does repairs/troubleshooting anymore. Totally different world than 20 years or so ago in this same area.

To me it's crazy how things have changed. I've been around a while and just 20 years ago we had several options in the Houston area for good techs that would actually repair stuff, not just mic wiring, mods, and peaking. Now those guys are all gone, passed away, or retired. All that's left is people that wire mic's, install antennas, set SWR, and some that will install Noise Toys. Noone does repairs/troubleshooting anymore. Totally different world than 20 years or so ago in this same area.

I agree, Even techs to do a true alignment are getting scarce.

Reactions: Rwb and groundwire

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated