• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cant find a radio repair person anywhere

I must be one disrespectful SOB too then I tell you a funny story I live in a small community that has a trash dump transfer location I took a bunch of radios that I don’t use anymore and a few that needed attention and I’m like you can’t find a tech that will fix them right especially the old tube and SSB radios so I figure just throw them In the trash, the dump has a special box for Electronics so I put a bunch of radios In that box I figured maybe someone might take them especially the Trams and the Brownings before I went home I hung out for a few hours and when I got back home them gawd damn radios beat me home and were on my front porch one of the guys that lives near me that works at the dump knows I talk on the CB and figured I might want them not knowing I was the SOB that was trying to trash them.
Sometimes you don't choose the radios, sometimes they choose you. I'm sure you had to keep them after all that? Great story!

I must be one disrespectful SOB too then I tell you a funny story I live in a small community that has a trash dump transfer location I took a bunch of radios that I don’t use anymore and a few that needed attention and I’m like you can’t find a tech that will fix them right especially the old tube and SSB radios so I figure just throw them In the trash, the dump has a special box for Electronics so I put a bunch of radios In that box I figured maybe someone might take them especially the Trams and the Brownings before I went home I hung out for a few hours and when I got back home them gawd damn radios beat me home and were on my front porch one of the guys that lives near me that works at the dump knows I talk on the CB and figured I might want them not knowing I was the SOB that was trying to trash them.
Now that's funny!!

Well if what you say is true tell me where you are and if the radios are Trams and really are Browning I will gladly take them off your hands.
Its interesting all the chatter about no Techs to be found that nobody has made any attempt to contact me for repairs or as far as I can tell anyone else so at least let me know have that you are going to pitch I can always use the radios for parts that my customers radios need. Seriously!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated