• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB dipoles

I did two models of the A99, comparing with and without radials. I wanted to see the performance differences, if any, and if either or both responded with multi-band capabilities.

No difference in the patterns a little difference in gain.
No multi-band effects using the Eznec Transformer feature.

Attachments

• A99 with and without radials..pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Slowmover
The multiband EFHW have all been wire antennas. Using a transformer with an I2k or A99 would be redundant as they come built in.

The models are interesting. One has more bandwidth. One has more gain.
I think it would be near impossible to model it for multiband use as Eznec likely would look at its length as the primary parameter of the model.
Maybe dropping the center frequency into each band might be insightful.
Same length, a 15m, a 12m, an 11m, and a 10m model each and use the transformer feature on each model...?

I drive a truck over the road so I only get home about ever 6 weeks or so. I just put it up and only have about 2 hours talk time on it. Took a bit to tune because of electric wires in the wall that I had it on originally was giving me very high swr, wasn't till my wife turned out the light that I realized the problem. So only local talk so far.

Great image: Man pulling hair over RF problems before Wife comes into radio room to announce, “Bed Time”, (and shutting off the lamp) whereupon that Eureka! moment is again darkness shedding its metaphorical light.

Reactions: jdchet and S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.