• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB dipoles

10 awg 4 9' pieces 2 by 2

East to West
North to South

Or

N/E to S/W
N/W to N/E

Trim as needed

RG-8x

Good to go

I had The 10awg laying around from and electrics job. Was left over crap 9-10 feet of it so came out @9'2" and trimmed to desired swr on freq I wanted it. Actually was pretty awesome SWR's too. Above and below if you know what I mean.

Bought some cheap 100' piece of RG-8x and cut it in half and got two SO239 connectors and on the air I was. Cost was mainly coax and connectors. Rest was scraps of wire

Last edited:
Best money any radio enthusiast can spend is a roll of wire. The types of antenna you can build is endless,. dipoles , colinears , quads rhombics, curtins. moxons , skyper, v beams ,gain masters just to name a few.
Never mind the cost , many of these cheap antennas will outperform your A99 imax etc hands down..
Start with a simple dipole horizontal or vertical and see what you can achieve .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.