• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio Becoming Respectable Again???

Is CB radio making a comeback?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you ever live on any Military base?

It's kinda hard to explain this to those that have not,

But Life "begins" at Reveille and "Pauses" during Taps.

I posted the Convoy reference because it matters to me. Had CDL with Haz Mat too - Mom and her needs takes precedence over my future - which is cloudy with doubt, if and when Robotics and Drones take it over...

It's about a life I once knew that is lost - so long forgotten in respect and reverence. ..

The passion I have for CB's in general - that song reminds me of the fun I had back then and up to now, still enjoy what little is left of it.

People are too busy staring at their phones to notice...

That makes sense, I understand that. I thought you were being humorous. There’s songs I hear sometimes that reminds me of being a kid and I guess I get a few tears too. More now than before, recently lost my mom and those songs now impact me more than before.

Didn’t grow up on a base, paved a lot on them though and I don’t care for them myself. And I was just a tiny thing when CB really got going good and was popular, so I’m late to the game I guess. But I share your love for it, not as strong though I’m sure.

Reactions: Cutlass327
In 1970 I probably wasn’t developed into material, I didn’t come into this world until 1973, so I’m only 45.

Now 18 years of dump trucking and several other things including recently inheriting diabetes and I feel older than 45, haha.

And absolutely nobody in my family gives a flip about radio, ham or cb. I’m the only one. I’ve messed with CB’s for a long time and just recently got my general ticket. So I’m the odd man out for sure in my family.

I enjoy it though, I don’t really like to talk despite the fact that I can’t shut up on here. I like building stuff and repairing them more than anything else.

I enjoy it though, I don’t really like to talk despite the fact that I can’t shut up on here. I like building stuff and repairing them more than anything else.

No don't stop talking - if we're (Forum) therapy for you then CK and I will just have to understand...

:sneaky:(y)

I was born in the 60's - so I'm not that much older than you...

Reactions: S&W357
Nothing wrong with being older, I’ve always spent most of my time around people older than me. I believe it kept me out of trouble or more so that it kept me from hanging around people who would have gotten me into trouble.
It’s kinda sad that years ago almost every Friday and Saturday night channel 26 was full around here. The last 6 months, I’ve scanned that thing very often and it’s just dead around here. I really like technology but cell phones have really changed things.

As yes, again CB proves to be the one go - to for those that have one....

Better than a cell-phone...

More activity on it than a party line.

May seem like we're going backwards but really we get to be social and interact again as Americans.

We re-discover our neighborhoods, not a virtual family on Facebook.

.... You CERTAINLY know your are a CB'er when...
... you hear "Convoy" for the 1,683rd time ...
... - and it still brings tears to your eyes...

I was crying when I posted it.

Did you ever live on any Military base?

It's kinda hard to explain this to those that have not,

But Life "begins" at Reveille and "Pauses" during Taps.

I posted the Convoy reference because it matters to me. Had CDL with Haz Mat too - Mom and her needs takes precedence over my future - which is cloudy with doubt, if and when Robotics and Drones take it over...

It's about a life I once knew that is lost - so long forgotten in respect and reverence. ..

The passion I have for CB's in general - that song reminds me of the fun I had back then and up to now, still enjoy what little is left of it.

People are too busy staring at their phones to notice...

“. . life I once knew”.

Okay, Homer Hickam, you can drop the HA pseudonym now.

(Gave my son that book. Said believe it or not THOSE are our American sons. We created the environment — the leeway — for intelligence to manifest. Home, school & church. Fraternal organizations. Indian Guides and Boy Scouts.

Even if we weren’t the smart ones, we looked anew at those who were.

Remember some linebacker-sized guy warning about EVER AGAIN the four-eyes jokes? And your Dad telling you about an uncle just barely beaten to the patent office?

The best stories for boys (rapt attention) are about the exigencies of war. A farmers son who scrounges junk and who fits a cow catcher to a Sherman to break the bocage in Norman fields.

The Huns and their legendary MG42 is where one starts.

CB is still fun. Still a gateway drug. All sorts of by-issues: RFI. Dirty electricity. Smart Meters. Wi-Fi health effects. Truck driver self-sterilization, hell, you-name-it, we can BS it into believability, ha!

Last edited:
A Treasure...:)

“. . life I once knew”.

CB is still fun. Still a gateway drug. All sorts of by-issues: RFI. Dirty electricity. Smart Meters. Wi-Fi health effects. Truck driver self-sterilization, hell, you-name-it, we can BS it into believability, ha!

It's why they (Truck Stops) still serve coffee ... Else they would be doing the Beer and Hot Wings things by now...

(y):ROFLMAO:(y)

And i like my radios.1 is on most of the time at home or in my pickup or big truck.38 lsb is where most of my time is at or 19

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.