• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb radios tune and allignment etc in Canada?

Ashtonford

Aug 4, 2006
I moved to Canada from the US about 2 years ago and have been having a hard time finding a CB shop that sells and does work on radios. Does anyone know of any shops in Canada that do good work? If I get radios etc shipped from the US the export fees kill you about 150.00 per radio etc.

What province are you in?? Thats a good start to know.

Its all within driving distance, isn't it? Canada is pretty small:whistle:

I drove home from Alaska, when I got out of the Army, to Maine. What a drive. I think that British Columbia is the coolest place I've ever been. I loved it. If I could talk the wife into it, I'd move there in a second. I saw more game animals there, than the rest of my 5000 mile ride combined. And remote remote remote. I almost ran out of gas from one gas station to the next. I actually had to stop and cyphon gas from my snowmobile (luckily it had a full tank).

But, unfortunately, I didn't see a single CB shop anywhere.

Iam in Victoria BC

I came down through Whitehorse, Yukon Territory into northern BC and traveled SE through Dawson's Creek. It was very pretty country up there. I'd like to go back someday, but probably never will be able. I had a very large lynx stand right in the opposite lane as I crept by. It was an experience. I am a woodsman and have never been that close to a lynx. It was actuall the only living lynx I've ever seen. Usually the only time I see one is if it is one that has been trapped or a mount by a taxedermist.

I agree with Binrat, components may be replaced/upgraded with better ones but just clipping and removing them isn't a good practice in most cases. IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
Some older radio will only come alive if you slip the diode. Most of the newer radios don't need it.. I have a few newer rigs that work great just as they are.... I have an old 23 CH Cobra 139 that wouldn't even do 10 watts with the limiter intact and had very little modulation. When i removed the limiter, it sprung to life and had plenty of audio and swang to over 18 watts pep!!!

Iam in Victoria BC

If you are in Victoria, then you should have no problem with a US post office! There is one located in Point Roberts just South of Vancouver. Not much going on for border watch there as Point Roberts is just a spot of territory on the Southern part of a peninsula of Canada but is just across the border line! Big Savings! **Jump_im**

73 mechanic

Looks like a nice ferry ride!

Last edited:
If you are in Victoria, then you should have no problem with a US post office! There is one located in Point Roberts just South of Vancouver. Not much going on for border watch there as Point Roberts is just a spot of territory on the Southern part of a peninsula of Canada but is just across the border line! Big Savings! **Jump_im**

73 mechanic

Looks like a nice ferry ride!

yes but the cost to get there and back would end up about the same as paying the brokerage fees etc

Is Duram Radios a good place to have work done I could send them by mail in Ontario?

I think the techs name is Jim, he is a standup guy and is a master on the HR2510's he went over mine and also did some work on my 2990DX and my old Ranger 3500, they are $60 per hour and will charge half hour if needed. I would reccomend them!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.