• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

@Nowurtalkin222 it is a 9 Gigabyte rar file, unless your phone has that much free space, it will not download for you.
@Nowurtalkin222 it is a 9 Gigabyte rar file, unless your phone has that much free space, it will not download for you.
I understand that. I made note of that fact in my post. Not sure if I have 9 gigs or not, but the points I was tr to make were 1) it would be nice if my $800 phone would simply say: "insufficient space for download" or something along those lines. Instead, it just looked like it might be loading with a blue line chasing constantly to the right & no other msgs or indications of what exactly was going on. 2) I also mentioned I would like to have been given the opportunity to upload it directly to Google drive or some other cloud place, but saw no option to do so. Also mentioned I have a desktop drive w/tons of space and the cord & gizmo to work between the drive & my phone but I saw no way to do it. Perhaps if I actually hooked the drive up to the phone 1st, then maybe there would've been some kind of prompts. I'll have to try that. I only hooked the phone to the drive once before to see if I could access the files on the drive, which I could. It's been awhile. I think I might have tried to add some files to the drive from the phone and had some trouble. I'll have to try again from that 9gig file direct to the drive, if possible. I 4get the name of it, but phone came with special plug in device that goes on to the USB end of the cord & facilitates data transfer. I need to eliminate any attempt by the phone to need space, even if only temp, fit the big file. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to upload direct to the cloud or my desk drive. Lemme know if u have any insight into doing that.
Thx

I’m at a loss with the consipiracy theories. No indication at all there’s anything wicked happened to the owner.

Absent him coming forward with concerns...it’s nonsensical speculation.

For those wanting the *entirity* of the content at their fingertips, its several gigabytes. The owner - who appears to be alive and well - doesn’t want it copied:

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright holder (CBTricks.com).

Ugh...if we’re truly so worried about the guy, why claim he’s dead or at odds with the world and steal his data?

Reactions: SA-104PM
and again i will say every one bickering about the sight but what i miss is all the repair info in the forums,,,that had so much help for people but it is gone,,,,so yea we have the cbtricks at about 10 sites but the forums is gone forever

Aim I inside IF So let me Out .

Take a number...theres' been a lot of customers in here before you, waiting still...

:)
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Robalo
Excuse me if I do a knee jerk in fear every time I see a new doomsday comment pop up on this thread. This earth shattering spasm usually only lasts a split second after realizing that I have several complete copies of all their radio related material on thumb drives.

Excuse me if I do a knee jerk in fear every time I see a new doomsday comment pop up on this thread. This earth shattering spasm usually only lasts a split second after realizing that I have several complete copies of all their radio related material on thumb drives.
Good One Andy! I hope you and Yours Are Ok Latter Rich
Could I buy one from you? I've tried to get such a copy from them and from here but it didn't work out for me. I tried to download, but I think it wouldn't start cuz not enuff room left on phone. I have a desk drive w/plenty of room & an adapter to phone to drive but I think it has to go thru phone 1st and might not have enough room on it. I don't think I can bypass the phone. I've tried also to buy CD or DVD from cbtricks but no reply. I'd love to buy one if the thumbs r drives, in case site goes down.

Could I buy one from you? I've tried to get such a copy from them and from here but it didn't work out for me. I tried to download, but I think it wouldn't start cuz not enuff room left on phone. I have a desk drive w/plenty of room & an adapter to phone to drive but I think it has to go thru phone 1st and might not have enough room on it. I don't think I can bypass the phone. I've tried also to buy CD or DVD from cbtricks but no reply. I'd love to buy one if the thumbs r drives, in case site goes down.
Downloading it to a computer is the only way to go. I agree, a 9GB file is simply too large for a phone to handle. The 9GB Rar file would also need to be decompressed, making 18GB of total space required. I can’t imagine trying to view schematics on such a small screen anyway. Bottom line is you’re going to want these files on a computer in the first place, so use that instead of a phone, the bigger the screen the better. If your home internet service is slow, simply take a laptop or tablet to a faster free location. Normally I wouldn’t mind sending you copy for merely the cost of the flash, but any packages going in and out of this household nowadays is based strictly on life support items.

Downloading it to a computer is the only way to go. I agree, a 9GB file is simply too large for a phone to handle. The 9GB Rar file would also need to be decompressed, making 18GB of total space required. I can’t imagine trying to view schematics on such a small screen anyway. Bottom line is you’re going to want these files on a computer in the first place, so use that instead of a phone, the bigger the screen the better. If your home internet service is slow, simply take a laptop or tablet to a faster free location. Normally I wouldn’t mind sending you copy for merely the cost of the flash, but any packages going in and out of this household nowadays is based strictly on life support items.
With all due respect, I can't help but disagree w/much of what you said. Many phones, incl mine, are more than capable of that kind of storage. In fact I would say the majority are. My phone is small compared to many other phones. It came with 64G of phone storage and something like a TB in SD card storage capabilities. The majority of that 64GB is used at this time & I only have a relatively small 32GB ad card, which also is mostly used up. Not sure if SD card storage can be used for downloading that anyway.

Also, my phone screen is not small. Phones are capable of zoom so I can zoom in on a section of a schematic, just as good as anyone using a desktop/laptop. You normally are only looking at a small section of a schematic at a time. I don't see any issue there at all. In fact, I have used my phone to look at schematics, successfully, many times. You can't look at as much of a given schematic, as large, at a given moment, but again, that's not too much of a problem from my standpoint.

Also, didn't realize the file was 9GB. I was looking into this here, a few months back, before cbtricks came back online & there was a file available here which I could've sworn was much smaller than that, but I can't recall the exact size at the moment. I thought it was more like 3 or 6 gig? I'm sure it wasn't 9, so I don't get how all of a sudden it's so much bigger?

In any event, I don't currently have a pc or home internet, only my phone. My service deal includes Hotspot wifi, should I get a tablet or laptop, but not for now. As I mentioned, I do have a sizeable USB desk drive with plenty of room on it and an adapter which allows me to hook phone to it. But I don't believe it will allow me to download from internet directly into the drive. It would most likely have to go thru the phone 1st, which in turn would likely require that large amount if storage space that I don't have. As I said, I tried to buy CD, dvd or whatever, from cbtricks, but got nowhere on that. So that's why I asked if I could buy one of the numerous thumbs you said you had. I was thinking there is a way to attach the thumb to the desk drive. I have to look. If not, then maybe some adapter I could use? And if not that, at least I would have the thumb, for later use when I obtained a tablet or lappy. So I'm wondering why, given you have the file, and thumbs are relatively cheap, and given my situation, that you couldn't just sell me one if the thumbs so I would have a backup in case the shaky cbtricks site should again go down for a long time or permanently..

One other thing I 4got2 mention, is how you talked about the schematics, but there is so much more than just schematics on the site.

So will you sell me one of the thumbs?

With all due respect, I can't help but disagree w/much of what you said. Many phones, incl mine, are more than capable of that kind of storage. In fact I would say the majority are. My phone is small compared to many other phones. It came with 64G of phone storage and something like a TB in SD card storage capabilities. The majority of that 64GB is used at this time & I only have a relatively small 32GB ad card, which also is mostly used up. Not sure if SD card storage can be used for downloading that anyway.

Also, my phone screen is not small. Phones are capable of zoom so I can zoom in on a section of a schematic, just as good as anyone using a desktop/laptop. You normally are only looking at a small section of a schematic at a time. I don't see any issue there at all. In fact, I have used my phone to look at schematics, successfully, many times. You can't look at as much of a given schematic, as large, at a given moment, but again, that's not too much of a problem from my standpoint.

Also, didn't realize the file was 9GB. I was looking into this here, a few months back, before cbtricks came back online & there was a file available here which I could've sworn was much smaller than that, but I can't recall the exact size at the moment. I thought it was more like 3 or 6 gig? I'm sure it wasn't 9, so I don't get how all of a sudden it's so much bigger?

In any event, I don't currently have a pc or home internet, only my phone. My service deal includes Hotspot wifi, should I get a tablet or laptop, but not for now. As I mentioned, I do have a sizeable USB desk drive with plenty of room on it and an adapter which allows me to hook phone to it. But I don't believe it will allow me to download from internet directly into the drive. It would most likely have to go thru the phone 1st, which in turn would likely require that large amount if storage space that I don't have. As I said, I tried to buy CD, dvd or whatever, from cbtricks, but got nowhere on that. So that's why I asked if I could buy one of the numerous thumbs you said you had. I was thinking there is a way to attach the thumb to the desk drive. I have to look. If not, then maybe some adapter I could use? And if not that, at least I would have the thumb, for later use when I obtained a tablet or lappy. So I'm wondering why, given you have the file, and thumbs are relatively cheap, and given my situation, that you couldn't just sell me one if the thumbs so I would have a backup in case the shaky cbtricks site should again go down for a long time or permanently..

One other thing I 4got2 mention, is how you talked about the schematics, but there is so much more than just schematics on the site.

So will you sell me one of the thumbs?

The Rar file I have is 9.4GB. I suspect anything less is not complete. It contains 16,770 files and 6,102 folders.

I’m not going into an extensive debate about phone VS. computer. I’m on the old school side with this issue, so please excuse me if I'm a little behind on the latest ones. I use my phone for voice only, a camera for taking photos, and a large screen desk PC for the internet, graphics and live video. It’s especially good for tracing a lengthy schematic line from one end to the other without losing it in the process of scrolling and zooming. My wife and daughter are complaining all the time when they lose their place, and I consider them experienced (addicted) scrollers or zoomers. As far as I’m concerned, a quality singular purpose device is superior to any combination mini device. Size being the only advantage of the latter. With that said, my last statement said it best. I’m not shipping anything that’s non-essential at this time. Enjoy the internet. I seriously doubt CB Tricks is going away anytime soon by virtue of the fact there are several direct on-line backup sources including cloud if and when it ever does.

The Rar file I have is 9.4GB. I suspect anything less is not complete. It contains 16,770 files and 6,102 folders.

I’m not going into an extensive debate about phone VS. computer. I’m on the old school side with this issue, so please excuse me if I'm a little behind on the latest ones. I use my phone for voice only, a camera for taking photos, and a large screen desk PC for the internet, graphics and live video. It’s especially good for tracing a lengthy schematic line from one end to the other without losing it in the process of scrolling and zooming. My wife and daughter are complaining all the time when they lose their place, and I consider them experienced (addicted) scrollers or zoomers. As far as I’m concerned, a quality singular purpose device is superior to any combination mini device. Size being the only advantage of the latter. With that said, my last statement said it best. I’m not shipping anything that’s non-essential at this time. Enjoy the internet. I seriously doubt CB Tricks is going away anytime soon by virtue of the fact there are several direct on-line backup sources including cloud if and when it ever does.
You started by saying you didn't want to debate the thing.....and then you went right ahead & did just that...

You said you had numerous copies of the file on thumbs. I gave you numerous valid reasons why I wanted/needed. I offered to pay for one. Seems simple enough to old school me. But I guess you just don't want to sell me one. That's fine. Cb tricks has gone down for very long periods of time w/no backup that I was aware of or had access to. What's available on way back machine is seriously lacking. And I searched & tried hard to find what I needed. If I had a copy of it and a serious cb worker needed it, I would give it to him. You're entitled not to. I have used the info & data from cbtricks, using my phone only, for years since my last computers died & I had to give up the cable internet, but I'm being told here that I cannot effectively use it w/my phone. Guess I'm delusional. I guess that's that. Oh well

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated