• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

So when did the forum go down officially? I found a link on the way back that takes you to the login screen for the wayback and tried to log in wasn't sure if password was right anyone else try this?

Why would anyone pay to access what was once free?

Why would you pay to access what many of us have on supporter DVD’s and are willing to share?

If someone put up a mirror site or uploaded the supporter disk content, why would you bitch and complain about that?

Forget Carmen San Diego, where the hell is Bennie Bolin?

Last but not least, who is the jackass trying to charge $40 bucks to access information they ripped off from a site? Sounds like something a radio troll would do, sitting alone, out in the middle of nowhere...

Is there anyone out here will to sell me a copy of the dvd backup for cbtricks or where can it be downloaded from?

Willing to pay and for shipping or trade an Expo 100 A kit for the cobra 29s gtl and ltd and similar chassis

So is this Benny putting the site back up or someone else.
In previous post there was 2 new urls so can we find out if its Benny or is it someone else?

So is this Benny putting the site back up or someone else.
In previous post there was 2 new urls so can we find out if its Benny or is it someone else?
It appears that he got it back up and running.

Welcome to the new CB Tricks!

This site began April 01, 2000 and provides a wide variety of technically oriented information aimed at the Citizens Band, and Amateur, Radio market!

Our goal is to provide the most complete and accurate information possible to help beginner, and professional, radio operators and technicians.

Thanks for visiting with us!

NOTICE:
BEWARE OF NEW FAKE SITES SUCH AS CB-TRICKS.COM THAT ARE TRYING TO CHARGE MONEY FOR MEMBERSHIPS - THEY HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THIS FREE SITE!

We are finally back up and running after our web provider decided we were taking too much traffic! We apologize for the delay and hope that you will bear with us until we get back to inserting new material!

We provide this information free of charge and want to keep it that way as long as possible!
This site cost money to host and maintain so if we decide to put an ad on the site please click on it to help us continue to support it!

At this time the forums are down and we may or may not bring them back online until the site is completely back up and fully functional. Until then please bear with us!

Thank you for your continued support!

there are no options for that and if this is Benny back up I emailed him last time to add that as many people would help to keep the site up but he never did add the donation option. So as I asked earlier dont know if this is Benny or someone else hosting the site.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
It's Bennie's domain, or so says the whois report. Now hosted at bluehost.com

Pretty sure that's where he moved it when softlayer discontinued his hosting service at the end of 2018. My domain was on the same server, but moving to the new host was no big deal.

Makes me wonder if his annual hosting bill got paid a little late?

I'm a bit puzzled that his contact data is displayed in the clear on a whois query. I'm paying extra to keep mine private. Only shows a generic email addy that gets forwarded to me.

Good to see he's back.

We are finally back up and running after our web provider decided we were taking too much traffic! We appologize for the delay and hope that you will bear with us until we get back to inserting new material!

We provide this information free of charge and want to keep it that way as long as possible!
This site cost money to host and maintain so if we decide to put an ad on the site please click on it to help us continue to support it!

At this time the forums are down and we may or may not bring them back online until the site is completely back up and fully functional. Until then please bear with us!

Thank you for your continued support!

>has the flavor of the real deal .welcome back Bennie

Last edited:
I wanted to point this out - and let you decide for yourself.

When you use any sort of Domain main - the DEFAULT html is INDEX - that is your "home page" on any directory it is an HTML standard.

When I see INDEX2.html - it raises an eyebrow.

Bennie locked his site down...he used Default INDEX(-X) - for any page of his work.

To see INDEX2 signifies one of many or several things concurrently...

Bennie, is unable to UPDATE the home page so therefor the INDEX file that is supposed to be default is not what the host wanted you to see.

Bennie is either not interested, or lost an ability to keep the keys - the Passwords - to the site and so it is now free domain but to change it's original INDEX page would certainly be caught by others.

When his originals were done and the Home Page worked with his original host site, the entire site and it's domain were under an umbrella of the Host itself, so all indexing of graphics and orphan files are within the hosts' own domain.
  • You didn't have - Orphaned files...

His original he uses INDEX-2.HTML
This (per thread) sites' uses INDEX2.HTML

So you have been warned...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.