• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

I wanted to point this out - and let you decide for yourself.

When you use any sort of Domain main - the DEFAULT html is INDEX - that is your "home page" on any directory it is an HTML standard.

When I see INDEX2.html - it raises an eyebrow.

Bennie locked his site down...he used Default INDEX(-X) - for any page of his work.

To see INDEX2 signifies one of many or several things concurrently...

Bennie, is unable to UPDATE the home page so therefor the INDEX file that is supposed to be default is not what the host wanted you to see.

Bennie is either not interested, or lost an ability to keep the keys - the Passwords - to the site and so it is now free domain but to change it's original INDEX page would certainly be caught by others.

When his originals were done and the Home Page worked with his original host site, the entire site and it's domain were under an umbrella of the Host itself, so all indexing of graphics and orphan files are within the hosts' own domain.
  • You didn't have - Orphaned files...

His original he uses INDEX-2.HTML
This (per thread) sites' uses INDEX2.HTML

So you have been warned...

Not nearly that complicated.

The normal "Index.htm" page with no suffix is there and working.

"Index2" is just a duplicate.

Which is why the concern, if the CB Tricks site is no longer under someone's control - then all that data dealing with the site and domain is being taken over by someone else - it's not Bennies work any more.

Instead of just updating the INDEX file, which is password protected - which Bennie would have control of - or at least knowledge to use - they did up INDEX2 - and if you are ok with that and you can handle the facts knowing Bennie is not running that site in a way where he can control it's content - which may make a difference later on - if that day comes - when it comes to protecting data archives...

In using INDEX2 - the ROOT of the entire site is now different. Which means they have taken the data from the site and altered the Source files if they made INDEXT2 the ROOT of the system - for all indexed references would have gone back to INDEX-2 - not INDEX2 - which then tells me they have access to a lot more than just the files.

• If you are comfortable with the facts that CB Tricks is something more and whomever may be handling that data can now take it in a different direction - if you're fine with that - then go right ahead and download all you want.
You are at the mercies of someone else running and hosting that data and you do not know whom they are

I tend to think you may be reading a bit much into this.

There are millions of redundant html files floating around on the internet, and in many cases, extra copies of the index files labeled "index2" and so on.

Most are just a duplicate and not indicative of anything other than someone leaving an extra copy out there while editing.

In this case you can go directly to http://www.cbtricks.com

T
he normal index.htm will default and be fully functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N
Now we have some idea that there are "Duplicates" of the site ...

Sigh...Do I really care? Yes, I Do, if only about the sites integrity - to me that is Bennies standard.

All the Galaxy - RCI - ALL the graphic data was amassed and drawn - all of it was done under his watch - it is the Lack of Response form him - or those "in the know", about his condition or if he even is still alive is my concern. It is his work..
  • What went wrong? Server issues are one thing - we all wanted to help - only we were met with silence.
It's just I know Bennie from my own experiences and Forums messaging that makes me feel uneasy about the sites own condition and his whereabouts..

It is his absence to the rest of the world, for we don't even know if he is ok...that makes this disturbing.

He knows my Email, and it never stopped him from sending me one if only to say Hi.

Reactions: midnight special
94022B9E-1B51-4DBE-BAFE-10A5772F73E4.jpeg

So we didn’t have CB Tricks. Some other guy puts up the same data (absolutely free) and that has to be for some nefarious reason. I don’t get it.

Some other jerk puts it up and charges for access, I get the criticism and all in this instance.

Now the site comes back up and because of a simple file copy there (again) has to be some conspiracy, nefarious reasons, data stealing, corrupt owner or whatever? I don’t get it, again.

Maybe Bennie just doesn’t want to be bothered anymore, ever thought about that? That cracking open the door would make it easier for the influx of emails and such? Maybe (hopefully not) he’s actually passed away... and then some anonymous guy provides the missing information for free and has to deal with accusations and harassment.

Like John Stossel used to stay, gimme a break.
04BE18B7-3C95-435D-83CC-83A8858AC63F.jpeg

Some other guy puts up the same data (absolutely free) and that has to be for some nefarious reason. I don’t get it.

It actually looks like Bennie did it himself, on his own domain (this time).

But I’m not seeing the conspiracy either.

Not to get into the weeds...but from what I can tell with public records it appears Bennie is alive and well and there’s no reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited:
Great! That means he just wants to be left alone. He doesn’t seem to be picking and choosing who he returns emails and calls to, he’s ignoring everyone.

What really blows my mind is some guy puts the information up and wants to charge for it then someone else puts it up for free and there’s a problem with that too. Guess you just can’t satisfy some people.

Reactions: NZ8N and 2NC995

When I try this link, it goes to a page says cbt rar & graphic of a zipper & has a chasing blue line at the top that just keeps chasing to the right but nothing seems to dnld. Using a phone & I don't thing I have that much space left.. Maybe that's the problem? It would be nice if it told me what's going on. I have an android phone & a special data cord thing that let's me hook to a desk drive. I wonder if I could dwnld direct to that?

Reactions: TheRATT

Thanks. I already know the site is back up. I have a kind of radar for things important to me that disappear & then reappear, even years later, so it's like something tells me to check or I'm automatically led there to see the long lost reappearance. It happened again this time & somehow I was right on it a couple days ago, to my great surprise, esp w/all that's been said & done. And L discovered the real site b4 I even heard anything about that hyphenated pay site. But the thing of it is, I was never able to get the cds or dvds so I was hoping to get that big download, but so far it doesn't seem to work for me. So would love to be able to get the file or the latest discs.
Thx

Reactions: Eldorado828
It looks to me like he has put the site back online and is just trying to give it a bit of a renovation.
And it's not a new renovation either. I believe it was begun a couple of years ago but somewhere along the line, it got derailed. The way the site looks now, with the non functioning renovation & the link to the classic site, is exactly what I remember seeing quite some time ago. I did, however notice that not all functionality is there now, that was there previously, ie, I was not able to access the galaxy symptoms database or the other radio symptoms database, so my guess is there are possibly other info not still available. But it looks mostly as functional as before. No doubt this will make alot of radio tinkerers happy. But anyway, I was trying to download the link that was up here from I'm not sure what, but it's supposed to be a download of the whole site. It didn't seem to work for me. It looked like it was trying to download but I couldn't find any actual download, using a phone. I'd like to be able to access the file & upload it to Google drive or somewhere in case this happens again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.