• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Some good news

I got an email back from Bennie and here is what he said in the email. I told him to please add a donation area so we can all help out, even $1-$5.00 will help. If you all have used the site and know the valuable info there, its a great site so when it comes back lets all try to help out

Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 4:43 PM
To: _ Bob
Subject: Re: CBtricks site

Bob
I am in the process of moving it to a new server.

We have been with the same data center for the last 14 years and the server bank we where on is being retired.
I was hoping to have it moved before the shutdown but been too busy with home stuff and the date got here tooooo fast.
A friend is helping and we are moving to a new service provider to cut our cost and hope to have it up soon.
We hope to repair the forum too.

Glad he finally responded to some one. he is very hard to contact. wish I knew who his friend is that is helping with the move. nomad was a moderator for years and would have thoght he would have been contacted.
Oh well at least he is trying to do some thing. very exited about this info.
thanks for letting us know dss56

Sonoma

I hope he will respond back to me when he is ready to get the site close to being back up and working. I will for sure keep all posted when and if I get notified. Lets all hope its sooner than later.

With how long the forum has been down, it's hard for me to believe it will be saved by him. It's really not that hard. A donation banner with a little bit of info would likely take care of the financial end of things. Seems like prioritization is the only thing keeping it down. Could be age, medical, family, dementia, or any number of things.

well that is great news.

For those that may not be familiar, Bennie is a really stand up guy, and put more time and effort into archiving CB related knowledge and documentation than ANYONE else on the scene.

there may be many out there who have all the same info that can be found on CBtricks, but Bennie was the one who took the time to make it public.

CBtricks was actually a Yahoo group before it was a website, and boy oh boy did that place get crazy from time to time! The difference between that group and every other
CB related group was that this was where all the gurus from other groups got together to hash out the big arguments.

Bennie, along with a lot of these same guys, started to put all their schematics, service manuals, and any other piece of paper with a capacitor symbol on it together in order to create a resource for the rest of us.

Bennie was/is also a very generous man. i remember about 12-13 years ago i needed a metal bezel for a galaxy radio for a project i was working on, and had mentioned it in the forum.

Bennie, PMed me, gave me his phone number and told me to call him. when i did, he told me he had the bezel i needed and just wanted to know my address.
all he asked in return was that i donate to the site, and i did.

the bezel he sent me had all of the front panel PC boards attached, and he basically gave me the entire front of a radio for free.

To hear that he is actually still dedicated to the site is not surprising to me, but at the same time it is a big relief to hear.

I would enjoy reading about anyone else's dealings with Bennie also!
LC

well that is great news.

For those that may not be familiar, Bennie is a really stand up guy, and put more time and effort into archiving CB related knowledge and documentation than ANYONE else on the scene.

there may be many out there who have all the same info that can be found on CBtricks, but Bennie was the one who took the time to make it public.

CBtricks was actually a Yahoo group before it was a website, and boy oh boy did that place get crazy from time to time! The difference between that group and every other
CB related group was that this was where all the gurus from other groups got together to hash out the big arguments.

Bennie, along with a lot of these same guys, started to put all their schematics, service manuals, and any other piece of paper with a capacitor symbol on it together in order to create a resource for the rest of us.

Bennie was/is also a very generous man. i remember about 12-13 years ago i needed a metal bezel for a galaxy radio for a project i was working on, and had mentioned it in the forum.

Bennie, PMed me, gave me his phone number and told me to call him. when i did, he told me he had the bezel i needed and just wanted to know my address.
all he asked in return was that i donate to the site, and i did.

the bezel he sent me had all of the front panel PC boards attached, and he basically gave me the entire front of a radio for free.

To hear that he is actually still dedicated to the site is not surprising to me, but at the same time it is a big relief to hear.

I would enjoy reading about anyone else's dealings with Bennie also!
LC

Lets hope Bennie and his Friend can get it back up running I miss reading the Forum and reading all the ways to fix radios in general nomadradio How have you Ben Fine I hope ..Later Gater

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated