• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Almost had a heart attack when I saw this. Unfortunately, the vast majority of it seems to be dead links.
2023-10-01 23_57_24-.png

But it turns out, a very small amount of the forum is on the wayback machine. For example, this page with a pdf bennie shared.

What little is there can be found through the site map and going through the years looking for forum stuff, like this:
2023-10-02 00_55_54-.png

It is sad how much good information has been lost from the glory days of bbs and web forums. Now search results on google are an endless stream of ai generated garbage or you have to watch a 30 minute video for a piece of info that you could have found in 2 minutes scanning a forum post.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I just want to say that when I checked the dot org site yest, almost everything was there. I didn't have the chance to check all links but I did check quite a few and the only thing that wasn't there were the galaxy symptoms and cures. So that was somewhat heartening to find. Pretty sure that when I checked the dot co site, much more was missing. I noticed mention of dot xyz site as well. But according to the note posted on the dot org site, it was updated to last March. Very cool to see above that some of the forum is there on the way back machine. Hadn't see that before so thanks to who posted that.

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the dot com site was back as I've seen that go away then come back quite a few times over the yrs. Maybe not but ya never know.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Hi. That (
Boy this site doesn't work too good for me using a phone. Keeps posting just a few words like above before I get to finish. I don't know why.. Anyway, I was trying to say I would like to have that galaxy S & C database, if possible. That's the only thing I couldn't find yest as I was checking dot org. There were plenty of files downloadable as .pdf and lots of schematics opened right up and so I don't know what is not available on dot org bedsides the galaxy symptoms material.

I tried "cbricks.org", as you show above and it's non working. If you mean cbtricks.org, that's mentioned numerous times above in this thread and I noted that most everything seemed to be there
Why the hell does this forum keep doing this (posting partial post before I'm finished typing it)? Very annoying. I think it happens when I hit something on my keyboard but now sure what yet. Maybe the back button or the tab thingy? To finish.....
Everything seemed to be there except the galaxy symptoms and cures section. I'm confused. Above you call it your mirror site and then you show it as "cbricks". That doesn't work and cbtricks.org doesn't have that galaxy s and c section. Can you explain yourself better?

Almost had a heart attack when I saw this. Unfortunately, the vast majority of it seems to be dead links.
View attachment 65633

But it turns out, a very small amount of the forum is on the wayback machine. For example, this page with a pdf bennie shared.

What little is there can be found through the site map and going through the years looking for forum stuff, like this:
View attachment 65634

View attachment 65633

View attachment 65634
the forum is gone, what ya see now is the info for cb tricks, all the forum threads is GONE, all the repair info and specs for many many radios is gone,,,

the forum is gone, what ya see now is the info for cb tricks, all the forum threads is GONE, all the repair info and specs for many many radios is gone,,,
Yea, the little that remains is from before the forum was updated and required a login. There was not much there when they switched over.

go here and click message board

Last edited:
The link he

Yea, the little that remains is from before the forum was updated and required a login. There was not much there when they switched over.

go here and click message board
The 1st time I tried that link to the forums on wayback, I could've sworn that I was able to open 1 or 2 of the posts I saw there but now it's dead. Confusing...

The link he

The 1st time I tried that link to the forums on wayback, I could've sworn that I was able to open 1 or 2 of the posts I saw there but now it's dead. Confusing...
It seems like the entry point (date) matters. If you follow the link I just gave in post #638, you should be able to see some of the forum. When I do find links that work for more recent times, it is almost like the crawler grabbed the ones linked as recent forum posts, but only those few pages work (i assume the crawler hit the log off link before it go deeper). When I found bennies cobra thread with the audio IC pdf, trying to open that thread from a different date did not work. Its a mess.

It seems like the entry point (date) matters. If you follow the link I just gave in post #638, you should be able to see some of the forum. When I do find links that work for more recent times, it is almost like the crawler grabbed the ones linked as recent forum posts, but only those few pages work (i assume the crawler hit the log off link before it go deeper). When I found bennies cobra thread with the audio IC pdf, trying to open that thread from a different date did not work. Its a mess.
10-4 on the mess... The 1st thing I saw you post was that audio ic link and that opened right up for me no problem right to the diagram. Then I saw your link to the forum which I've been hearing for yrs that it was totally gone so I was surprised to see your link. The 1st time I tried your link, it went to that forum page and I thought I was able to open a couple things but now I'm not sure if I did or not. Pretty sure I did. Tried again a few min ago... Not sure if I used the same link and it went to that page but the page was dead. I'll try again..

From what I have gathered, the forum stuff from about 2004-2005 works, but only one page deep on the posts. Between 2007-2009, the forum required login. I believe that one of the crawlers may have been using credentials as I have been able to get on a couple threads and read posts by following links to recent activity from the login/guest welcom page it redirects to. Thats how I found the audio ic pdf. So before anyone gets excited and burns a whole day on this, don't have big expectations. You can only "explore" from when the forum was young and only one page into the threads.

Edit: Whoever "Train" was, nice train on the bottom of your posts lol. Was cool watching that zip across the bottom!

From what I have gathered, the forum stuff from about 2004-2005 works, but only one page deep on the posts. Between 2007-2009, the forum required login. I believe that one of the crawlers may have been using credentials as I have been able to get on a couple threads and read posts by following links to recent activity from the login/guest welcom page it redirects to. Thats how I found the audio ic pdf. So before anyone gets excited and burns a whole day on this, don't have big expectations. You can only "explore" from when the forum was young and only one page into the threads.

Edit: Whoever "Train" was, nice train on the bottom of your posts lol. Was cool watching that zip across the bottom!
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Have you found anything missing from cbtricks.org aside from the galaxy symptoms and repair?

For those whom might be interested....
I spent some time going thru the cbtricks.org. mirror. I checked about 75% of the links or more and I'm happy to report my estimate that 90 - 95% of those links work just fine. Most all schematics, diagrams, pics, layouts, info's are accessible. Not bad all things considered. Very few things are missing. So I'm guessing that mirror would be a good thing to httrack copy for the future.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.