• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

It is a private torrent, so no DHT tracking. I think. This is the first time I have created a torrent, so bare with me.
Also, WinBloat 10 decided to do an update/reboot, so I had to restart QBittorrent and my VPN.
I have downloaded terabytes of torrents, just never uploaded my own torrent.

Is that the 9+gb file, hosted by Google?
If so, I was at this point a couple mos ago, where when I click on the file, I get a page w/a zipper icon & a blue avtivity or loading line that keeps chasing to the right. I don't think it's downloading, more likely trying to but not initiating due to not enough space. I just wish it would say so instead of that mystery page like that. I checked w/file manager and it says I only have less than 5 gigs left on both internal (phone) and SD card. I wish I knew if it was possible to for sure download to SD card.. Then I could either clear some space on the card (by uploading files to my desk drive using the adapter I have to communicate between phone & drive) or, I could just go buy another SD card to use for this download. I need to know how to confirm I can indeed download to the SD card. I'm thinking it should give me that choice, but whenever I download a video or some radio data, it always automatically downloads to my chrome browser on the phone. I have a pretty much equal amount of downloaded files to card abd to phone memory. I can't remember it ever giving me a choice so I don't remember how that works.. Maybe someone can advise on that..

Another consideration...

I don't know what method you used to download the site. I'm wondering if downloading this file would result, when opening, an huge conglomeration of out of place files which are difficult to navigate? Do you have any insight on that aspect? Have you opened the file & how is it rendered? I forget the fellows name, a few posts back who was kind enough to remind about "HTTRACK" (or whatever it's called). I'm not positive but I think I installed that app the last time he or someone posted it. I'm not sure, but I had the impression from reading the notes, that you wind up with a file that looks and functions pretty much same as original site, if I understand correctly? If it ever came to that, it would be nice to have such a program sitting on my desk drive. Something tells me that if HTTRACK indeed works that way, that the download it does from the site and the subsequent file it renders to me to use, is much bigger than the 9 gig file. I wonder about that also..

In any event, let me know what kind of program you used to get this file or if it's just a copy of one that was on here from before. And if you have actually opened & used it.

I checked and I do indeed have the android version of HTtracker on my phone. I guess I never bothered to try it since I knew I had space issues. I wish some knew if it's possible to download either of these files to a desktop standalone USB drive, using the phone to connect with, using the phone adapter I have, without needing the huge space on my phone.

...but I was told several days ago how to do pm. Quite simple & it worked just fine...

Well let me help again, but only one last time: that was yesterday afternoon and it still seems to be an issue.

The appropriate place to post your several hundred word gripes about forum functions is in the help forum; where the forum admin can assist with the difficulties you seem to be having.

I think it's fitting that someone share that information with you, as you're turning the CB tricks thread into the Nowurtalking-gripe-thread.

Well let me help again, but only one last time: that was yesterday afternoon and it still seems to be an issue.

The appropriate place to post your several hundred word gripes about forum functions is in the help forum; where the forum admin can assist with the difficulties you seem to be having.

I think it's fitting that someone share that information with you, as you're turning the CB tricks thread into the Nowurtalking-gripe-thread.
Sorry, you are wrong. It is you, who are griping. Everything I've said has centered around the cbt backup issue. My comments went only as far as replying to what was said to me, here on this forum, in reply to my questions about it. I did also ask about how to do pm because someone said to take my dispute w/a rude person to pm. As I noted, I already had tried to do that but couldnt see how to do it. So I asked. I was told, I believe a couple days ago and i used that info, but there was a side problem w/the pm instruction. So I asked about that because I though it was a pretty simple thing & that there would be a simple answer.

You, apparently don't take the time to carefully read what was said and that's why you keep coming back to offer your advise on doing pm, even tho several times I clearly stated that I now know how to do pm. If you read even one of the times I said that, you would have no reason to keep telling me stuff that is no longer pertinent. I made it very clear that the side issue was about seeing a totally different page when clicking on someone else's icon or even their name (in the way I described). You seem to take that totally different issue and ignore the details and then think I still don't know how to do pm.

You're also incorrect as to me having problems with way the site works. I said nor implied nothing if the kind, with the possible exception being when I said maybe what I described was a one time glitch. It certainly was not a complaint about how the site works as you said.

The only complaint I had was about not getting any reply when I tried the 1st way & then when I did it correctly and I didn't even complain, I simply made note of it.

I have no desire to derail the cbt thread into my personal feelings about ppl being rude, or not replying or, as in your case keep telling me what I'm doing wrong even tho I made it clear I knew how to do a pm. But the complaints being voiced to me, like yours, are not being sent to me as PMs AS THEY SHOULD BE, no, they are being sent to the public thread so I'm responding in-kind. And I'm not doing any complaining, just reacting to your comments. All I wanted to do was backup cbt based on past long term shutdowns. A few ppl have given good ways to do it but don't cover the limitations I stated having. I asked a few semi technical questions about how I might overcome those limitations but so far they didn't get answered.

I intended to send this as a pm but if you're not extending the same courtesy to me, by not sending your comments about me as a PM, then I'm just responding on the same platform you chose to complain about me. Also, if you don't like the length of my posts, why read them in the 1st place? There really isn't anything else needs to he said about it, but if you still have the need, I ask you to please use PM as I was asked to do. After all, fair is fair. Just like I stated to the original guy who became unnecessarily rude to me about the thumb drives, I told him I was done responding to him and would not post anymore about his issues w/me....and I DIDN'T. So I was done w/it, but then, AFTER I said that, there were about 3 ppl complaining about me not using PM. They ALSO did not use PM. In other words, seems if there's a complaint, instead of taking their own advice to use PM, they rather deride me publicly. That's not fair.

I have nothing more to say about any of this here on this cbt thread. I promise to keep it about cbt if I have anything further to say and if anyone continues to have a problem with how I do stuff, I'll be sure to either use PM or ignore. I want to respect the thread. Hearing me express that should be enough to show anyone who truly cares about the thread, as opposed to getting on my case publicly, that I don't wish to mess the thread up. Please use PM for further issues a/me, not cbt.

Thankyou and my apologies for things getting this way.

I see a bunch of likes so not everyone sees things the same.

I know there's lots of technical peeps here, so can any of you tell me if I can use a USB desk drive w/plenty of space, along with the android adapter I have for connecting phone to that drive for uploading/downloading and my phone which only has less than 5 gigs on phone local storage & about the same on SD card, to download the cbt file? Also, would HTtracks be a better choice?

Now would be a good time to mention this again.

https://www.httrack.com/
I agree good time to mention. I haven't been able to try it due to space limitations still (although I DO have that desk drive. I wondered if you have used httrack on cbt or any other site & if so, how well did it work in terms of size of mirrors, navigation of the mirror, % of capture, glitches, and stuff like that. It sounds a fantastic tool.

Reading on another thread about Mike a galaxy/texas star and his obituary almost being written I couldn't help but wonder about Bennie. I think we've all concluded that the cbt forum is has its own obituary but does anyone know about Bennie and his well being?

What’s up with Mike?

Just a quick update. Mike is alive and well and still the main Texas Star repair tech. He's just been busy as a beaver as they're grossly understaffed over at TS right now. Just happened to see everybody was getting ready to write his obituary lol. Talked to him yesterday.

From another thread

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated