• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CbTricks.com FORUM - MEMBERS

when I talked to Bennie a few months ago he just did not sound like he was interested in the forum any more. . he said he wanted to fix it but was not sure how to do it and did not want to make it any worse. he said he did not want to sell the forum and was not sure who he could get to help and was afraid some one would mess it up even more. I told him there was guy's on the forum that would help pay to repair it and even explained to him what was still working on the site.
he was not even aware you could still post any where . have not been able to get him to answer his phone since the last time we talked and have left numerous voice mails for him. . just no reply back from him.
he knows the manuals portion of the forum still works and that portion he was afraid if he tried to repair the forum section it would take the complete site down.

Ray from Galaxy use to be on several forums and would answer all finds of questions about the radios.
I talked to Ray on the phone numerous times also and he was very helpful. the last time I talked to him was the end of 2007 or maybe the 1st of 2008. I know he sent me a lot of Galaxy 959 radio parts when the radio 1st came out and had a bunch of freq counter problems. there was a couple other problems that he would send new parts for them to make the customer happy.
he is missed a lot from all the knowledge he had about Galaxy radios..
I have heard where he is at now but for the life of me I can not remember where he is at now. a few years ago I was talking to John at Galaxy repair and he told me where he was at and just do not remember his current location.

Well, making a copy of everything and putting it on another server will preserve what exists, and enable repair without jeopardizing anything.

I would imagine all the disk that were mailed out would at least cover the information part, not the forum of course but still. I know nothing about it, have no idea how to fix it but sounds like you do.

Maybe someone can get through to him and get him motivated. At least the main page stuff is still there. It would nice to see that grow to cover the new radios and fill in on missing stuff that isn’t there. Some radios listed don’t have all the information that others do.

I noticed CB tricks was off line last night when was looking for a schematic, but it was back on-line again when I checked this morning. I’m not talking about just the forum part, their entire server was down. That’s not the first that’s happened either. There was a discussion on another forum (maybe this one, I’m not sure) several months ago suggesting various software the individual could use to start copying their website to use as a backup. I understood it was lengthy process (multiple Gb of data), so I put that idea on the back burner. With the site being somewhat intermittent, maybe I should reconsider.

I think that discussion was here, I don't have the computer horsepower to pull off something like that.

I know at one time disks were available for a donation, I was hoping something like that was still an option.

I think that discussion was here, I don't have the computer horsepower to pull off something like that.

I know at one time disks were available for a donation, I was hoping something like that was still an option.
Yea, that would be great. I'd gladly make a donation.

There was a discussion here. I used "WebHTTrack Website Copier" to grab the publicly available data. Some other people here were using other tools to do the same thing.

I was not a forum member, so all of that data is beyond my reach.

if we knew what ya did eldorado maybe we could guess on how to fix,,,,,, ya was the last one to post when it went down,,,,,,not saying ya did intentionally,, but something happened,,,, i miss the forum too,,, i put a check in every sunday,,,, there is way to get to post but is a pain and you dont get the whole thread only what a member has posted,,,,

Man someone's else said that to me shortly after the crash but if I remember it was a link to a possible mc-320 element replacement. Something I had done countless time's throughout the years without ever having a problem. Not sure what I could have possibly done but if it was me I would sure hate that to be so... I even went back to remove that reply hoping just maybe but it didn't do anything. Of course it would be me man, I'm that guy that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

Reactions: midnight special
Eldorado I just looked at the last posting you did over there and it was saying something to Couch. about hanging around on the site some. not sure if some thing you posted at the crash time did not go into the forum postings.

Eldorado I just looked at the last posting you did over there and it was saying something to Couch. about hanging around on the site some. not sure if some thing you posted at the crash time did not go into the forum postings.
the last post made was this one,,,, in Re: not new but...
on March 01, 2017, 05:26:02 PM by eldorado828,,,,,, not known what happened but that was when the site crashed,,,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.