• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cheap ebay antenna analyzers

NanoVNA, best bang for a buck. Can't go wrong.
Mike

Thanks for the heads-up on the VNA. Pretty darn useful. It mimics my other devices. I'm checking out everything I got. I'm making up better quality loads and patch cables. Still waiting on seller to send me phone app.

The NanoVNA is very nice. I really don't need anything else. The device is small and the font is tiny. The multifunction wheel is cumbersome, but works. The menu system is OK. It's not terribly intuitive. They should have used more of the screen to display options. Definitely pick up a capacitive pen. I'm using a small stylus from my boy's handheld Nintendo game. It works fine.

I forgot it was on my lap. When I stood up it hit the tile floor hard. Didn't see any damage and it seems to function OK. I think they make a similar device that's bigger.

I haven't used the phone or PC program yet. It's definitely interesting and fun to use.

I'm back.
Spoiled by the MFJ-259B. Easy.
Maybe one day when I've nothing to do but confuse myself messing with unintelligible gobbledygook instructions that have but one straight forward clear line in them, "it would be best to calibrate the VNA every time you use it", I will fool with this thing. For now, I will set it aside and go on with my life and use the MFJ until that empty day arrives in the unforeseeable future.
I am slowly, decade by decade, coming to the conclusion that I don't want to be smarter, just happier...

Midfoot, you clearly live on a brain diet made of more geeky ingredients than I do.
I will get back to it, but in the meantime, it remains a very cluttered screen of hidden secrets.
I'm just an analog brained bit of a Luddite...
I need pictures, and very legible slow motion demonstrations.

They could have made the menu pop ups cover the screen, instead of lined up on the right side. I read something about a larger version. I might look at one. For what this is, what it does and the cost, it's OK. I don't see why they couldn't have programmed ranges, instead of having to input them yourself.

Reactions: HomerBB
I can't even get mine to scan the frequencies I set for start and stop. Gone through every menu and just nothing. Says pause scan, but there is no scan happening.

Beats me. Got one scan from factory 1Mhz to 900Mhz. Decided to set the start at 1.8Mhz and stop to 148Mhz and now it does nothing...

Comparison against HP8921A
Results posted to NanoVNA Facebook Group

Test of Crystal 10mhz HP8921A vs NanoVNA .

HP8921A - 9.996274 MHz
NanoVNA - 9.9964 MHz
FB_IMG_1578941866534.jpg
FB_IMG_1578941874720.jpg
FB_IMG_1578941881668.jpg
FB_IMG_1578941888191.jpg

The firmware is open source. I wish this had 23cm. Not sure, but I think one will be available soon. My 9100 has 23cm capability and I want to make an antenna, but I have no measuring ability yet.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.