• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cheap ebay antenna analyzers

Wonder what tuner it is? 10 years? Would have to be an LDG, MFJ or Palstar. I suppose it could also be an internal auto tuner in a radio.
Screenshot_20200114-101052.png

Reactions: Rwb and Woody-202
HomerBB....

I played around with the software tonight. The interface is quite simple. It is much easier inputting whatever frequency span you wish. The measuring format has a pull down dialog box where you can quickly choose the chart format. I also discovered that there are different firmware versions that let you choose whatever parameters you want it to function as. I haven't download it yet, but one version turns the device into antenna analyzer mode. It eliminates everything else that you don't need, so it removes unnecessary clutter.

The software allows to input different calibrations. The device only allows storage of 5 profiles, whereas the software let's you save however many you want. I'm setting up different saved ranges. Like, HF, VHF and so forth. When using the software you don't need to touch the device except to turn it on and connect/disconnect whatever antenna. I'm far from an expert, but I'm somewhat getting the hang of it. I'm going to load up each FW and play with them.
Screenshot 2020-01-16 00.47.00.png

Reactions: CB590
Sounds promising.
I would enjoy a more streamlined GUI.
I will have to figure out how to change firmware to get my unit there.
Thanks

There are several firmware designers. Two of them are the original designers. There are two firmware file types. Hex and DFU. The firmware on my device is a Hex file. The software that uploads the FW has a utility that will convert each one to the other.

I've loaded several different FW versions. All of them have more features that are very handy. When you first upgrade, you have to short two pins that put the device in upgrade mode. The newer FW versions add a feature that adds a software option that puts the device in FW mode. This makes uploading new firmware much easier.

Certain versions have two and four channels. I'm currently running two channel. The version I'm using make it more of a traditional antenna analyzer. There are versions that add TDR functionality and adds 1.5 gig measuring ability. The 1.5 gig utilizes the 3rd harmonic. I imagine it provides ball park results, but is still useful.

So far, the latest versions have improved the calibration procedures to make it much more accurate. The actual technique to upgrade is very easy and involves just a few clicks of the software. I recommend subscribing to the group.io forum. This group is where all the action is.

I just ordered the Aursinc (upgraded) from Amzn for $80 in the newer style case with 3.4 Firmware. Supposedly does upto 1.5ghz.

since I'm moving I really don't want to have to go up and down my ladder 9 billion x.

mainly want for SWR for the darn A99 and check my end fed for SWR dips as well for 80/40/20m.

Will put up pics when I get in hand. Paid for 2 days shipping. Should be here Wednesday

Got my A99 back up at new location. 20' to the feed point and about 37' to the tip.

74494C4B-2C1B-4FC6-900F-CA9ED6ED9C97.jpeg

Was at this 1.49 when I started. Ended at 1.27 or so. Good enough A99 on 10' of pipe is kinda a pita when standing on a roof to go up an down.

A2C1B70E-7419-4330-BDC6-E6793A7B629E.jpeg

got a radio check on 19. And my crossnedel read the same. So here to hoping.

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.