• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150 and 200 GTL

DTB Radio said:
If you have a 200 keying 100 on high, you need to back it off to around 35 watts. 100 is way too high to be efficiently modulated. A general rule of thumb is to have a key wattage that is 4 times lower than your max PEP. for 150 watts, 37.5 is key power to look for, and its generally best to under-key just a tad.
It came like that..... How do I adjust the dead Key??? what pots to turn. I am not sure I feel comfortable messing with it..... and then again I am thinking with all the problems other people are having with theirs I think I sould leave it alone.... "If it aint broke don't fix it"

Thanks

I spoke with Ramon Sandoval at Cobra, and this is the fix he gave me for the 200's receive issue. Place a 220pf cap from the emitter to the base of Q3. This does not
affect over-all sensitivity, but reduces the problem of splatter from close radios.

Just talked to guy today on 38LSB in Denton, NC while I was in Rockwell, NC. And I must say if that was actually what he was talking on, it was a really good sounding radio.

I know / heard of lot of people being happy with them...........
And of course the number of people who nothing but bad to say about them....(usually the galaxy and connex guys, if you know what I mean)

rx and tx?

freecell said:
here's Technical Service Bulletin #10043 for the Cobra 150, 200 GTL-DX.

http://www.firecommunications.com/rxbulletin.doc

Good documentation, but just to clarify - It's a receive fix (from what it appears to be), but it also mentions a problem with a warble in transmit. Is the warble fixed via this rx mod? or is it just a sidenote that some people have noticed a warble in their tx? Or maybe I just got up too early this morning.. TIA

rachet_jaw said:
Just talked to guy today on 38LSB in Denton, NC while I was in Rockwell, NC. And I must say if that was actually what he was talking on, it was a really good sounding radio.

And of course the number of people who nothing but bad to say about them....(usually the galaxy and connex guys, if you know what I mean)

If you were in Rockwell, you probably know where Stokes Ferry Road is! All aboard for Salisbury, Granite Quarry, Faith, Rockwell, Gold Hill, Misenheimer, and Richfield!! ;) :p And you can get to Stokes Ferry by turning onto Dunn's Mtn. Rd. (and a couple others!)

CWM

C W Morse said:
rachet_jaw said:

If you were in Rockwell, you probably know where Stokes Ferry Road is! All aboard for Salisbury, Granite Quarry, Faith, Rockwell, Gold Hill, Misenheimer, and Richfield!! ;) :p And you can get to Stokes Ferry by turning onto Dunn's Mtn. Rd. (and a couple others!)

CWM

Yep! sure do know where its at! :LOL: I am pretty much at the junction of 52 & 152. Good area, you can always find someone on the ol'cb , 8 , 10, 11 , 20 AM sometime the boys around Raliegh on 28. And of course 38LSB.

power supply

do you think the 200 GTL can be run off a cigarett power supply ?
i do not drive the same truck all the time . and have to take out radio every time. cig is the quickest way for power. i am running a 2510 now for the last 12 yrs, works fine with cig power.

Quickstop,
I really cant imagine the 200 GTL behaving very well on a cigarette lighter plug.
Just take the time and run you apower wire from the battery.
The plug on the back looks like some of the ham rigs outthere , so a spare power cord shouldnt be too bad to come by.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio