• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 GTL

I started out on CB and loved it. Got me started in ham radio and I still have a thing for CB base radios. Wouldn't mind having a 2000 but I'm not going to pay out the wazoo for it.

Well, because I'm a generous guy, I *might* trade it for your TS-830S. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)(y)

Brett

I keep an old Cobra 2000 in the shack to rag chew with some friends that never moved off of 11 meters, good old rigs,
I also like my old browning eagles and the siltronix 1011c and d.
For mobiles hard to beat an old cobra 29 for am rig.

Reactions: 222DBFL and 2RT307
Same here... started as a teenager and got a Robyn T-240D, D104, and Taylor .64 wave ground plane for birthday/Christmas. Later got into SSB with a Cobra 132XLR mobile, and much later got "back into" CB with a 139XLR base, and then the 2000 GTL. Have since moved on to ham radio, but still have a Robyn (not the original one I had, but very nice, the 138XLR, 2000GTL, a couple of Grant XL's, an old Pearce Simpson 23 channel SSB, and a few export rigs. CB is pretty fun, but I don't get on there much anymore.

Old shack pic, and didn't have room for the 2nd speaker!

Brett
I always thought the Cobra XLR series radios were the best Cobra produced.

I would like to buy a nice condition Cobra 2000 GTL. But the prices are all over the board. One recently went for $510 that definitely needed work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/172378720818?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.

This one went for $229. http://www.ebay.com/itm/272407262129?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT A much nicer radio cosmetically.

Only difference was Philippines build. No way is the difference justified.

What do you guys think? Where should I start looking? EBAY makes everyone believe they have a gold mine.

If you guys know of a nice one, please let me know.
I

Reactions: ShadowDelaware
Anytime a post from years ago is replied to... My mind immediately thinks "Riiiiise from your grave!!!" from the old game Altered Beast... :D
That or "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth" from Dawn of the Dead.

Reactions: doffo
Not true...but you might have to wait, and check listings several times a day and be ready to jump on a deal soon as it's posted if it has a "Buy Now" option... like I said, I've only got about $400 tied up in mine, and it's about as mint as you can get for a 25 year old radio.
I'm looking to buy a radio. Just curious how reliable some of these on-line sellers are. How do I know I will even get what we agreed on?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.