• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coily EXCALIBUR Base Antenna

OMG!!!! have you guys seen thisCOILY EXCLIBUR BASE ANTENNA :shock: I purchased the Coily Base Enforcer last month.....I love my Base Enforcer but wished I had known about the excalibur :( It seems kind of pricy but this thing has a life time warranty.It looks so beefy compared to the Base Enforcer I wonder how it will perform??? Anyone buy one yet?? I would like to know how it performs...

Is this spam? :roll: Only 2 posts and both are about Coily antennas? If it is, then shame on you and I would never buy one for the lowly tactics. If it isn't, well then shame on me. Well since you lured me in, how much is that antenna? Which antenna is better at eliminating tvi? Gotta admit, I like Jays layed-back marketing/style a little better. 8) I would still like to see a side-by-side comparison of the coily/I-10K by someone who is un-biased, so we can get an honest opinion with tvi, signal and receive, ground noise, etc. Comparing these antennas to a $50 Antron or an Imax is not what I would call a fair test.

musky1963 said:
Is this spam? :roll: Only 2 posts and both are about Coily antennas? If it is, then shame on you and I would never buy one for the lowly tactics. If it isn't, well then shame on me. Well since you lured me in, how much is that antenna? Which antenna is better at eliminating tvi? Gotta admit, I like Jays layed-back marketing/style a little better. 8) I would still like to see a side-by-side comparison of the coily/I-10K by someone who is un-biased, so we can get an honest opinion with tvi, signal and receive, ground noise, etc. Comparing these antennas to a $50 Antron or an Imax is not what I would call a fair test.

This is NOT Spam. I also just joined, but didnt even know about these forums until this week and I have owned the Imax for 6 years and the A99 for 10 years and recently got back on the radio. Everything I say is completely true, I just wanted to find a better stand-by since my IMAX is starting to show its age. I cannot talk for drifter and I do not know him, but I am in no way, shape or form, related to Mr. Coily and I am NOT trying to financially gain or trying to get a cheaper deal on something based on what I type from my personal experiences. I am a very happy coily owner, just as I was a very happy IMAX/A99 owner when I used them and so on. There is no BS here. I just wanted to clarify this now because I am in the midst of writing a in-depth review on the enforcer base antenna.

I look to get the Excalibur someday.. :)

musky1963 said:
Why do you have a problem with what anyone post around here...... and why are you calling my post spam???? Are you the board watch dog??? I merely post a question about a new antenna that is out.... and I also stated that I am dissapointed that that I did not know about the Excalibur or else I would have purchased it instead of buying the Base Enforcer. If you have a problem with my two little post then shame on you!!!!!! :evil:

Easy there! :roll: I asked if it was, because usually when someone props or promotes a certain product on their 1st post, it tends to be connected in most cases......... especially when their profile is nil or is vague. Not trying to start a flame war here......just wondering.

Drifter said:
musky1963 said:
Why do you have a problem with what anyone post around here...... and why are you calling my post spam???? Are you the board watch dog??? I merely post a question about a new antenna that is out.... and I also stated that I am dissapointed that that I did not know about the Excalibur or else I would have purchased it instead of buying the Base Enforcer. If you have a problem with my two little post then shame on you!!!!!! :evil:

Ok musky1963 cool down dude its all good,,i sold them antennas and they posted,it was not a marketing or advertising thing.Would you be as mad if they were talking about a differant brand i don't think so, Its always been that way on this forum let em be happy ITS ALL GOOD :D Theres alot of very happy coily owners that don't even post on here or any forums,I could open the fllood gates,,I am very laid back and mean no ill will in anyway,I am just selling antennas....Ok guys if you would e-mail me directly we can work out the differances on the excalibur and hook you up ,,the reason i built the extra large antenna is 5 people wanted an antenna that would take 100mph and laugh at it and did not want the other one,So i took my enforcer and beefed it up ,,I was not trying to leave you guys in the cold,just building an antenna i was asked to build, it came out so nice i decided to offer it as the ultimate ground plane and it is!! nobody can touch this antenna "Nobody" and if they try i will build it even better,,and the price is cheap as far as i am concerned 500.00 shipped with a lifetime warranty fully machined and completly custom it is lean and mean,not all bolted together and piles of parts,it is the finest antenna far supreme to anything out there and when i decided to do the ground plane thing thats how it has to be the very best!You see i look at it a little differanty alot of guys are beam guys,i was once not anymore. I don't like to turn my house,i like to talk everywhere when i key.alot of guys are ground plane guys,,i will Run a big azz ground plane any day over a beam and if it cost me a little bit more for the very best ground plane :!: i see no problem with that, E-mail me directly guys and i will get you fixed up...73sss www.mrcoily.com.......Dan
I am sorry musky1963 if you think its spam :? I build and help people not make umm mad.if i bought an antenna and it gave me 2 sunit of gain i would be happy also and posting every web board like a virus,No marketing or advertising deal.just happy customers!I have to run and get to work so everybody be happy,its all about building great products for all the cbers and hammster also..... :D

Just so its out there in the open i am also building a full wave 32 foot base plane with 9-18 foot ground planes not sure yet and also 1/2 wave no ground plane base for limited areas and tight spaces..anyways,I thanks everybody for all the flowers sorry if my products have created havoc on your web board,but i feel if a sell an antenna and it kicks azz then post all you want. WWW.MRCOILY.COM

lmoa, it looks like dan has adopted my can of pop as a size reference too, ( pepsi cola! when size matters ) its a good idea as everybody knows how big the can is, the antenna looks great to me, keep up the good work.

bob85 said:
lmoa, it looks like dan has adopted my can of pop as a size reference too, ( pepsi cola! when size matters ) its a good idea as everybody knows how big the can is, the antenna looks great to me, keep up the good work.

I actually kinda figured you would like that big ole coily,and the pop can i did think of you on that one, but the coffee can really gives it the good comparison, and the welding <<<jitters>>>,,and i would tell you also your big ole coil did help me in decision making on the Excalibur base...I have been e-mailing and also reading my arrl manuals about coil and matching systems and i was going to go with 30kw gama setup but after many e-mails with alot of guys i wen't back to my playing field, Big ole Coily,They tune out perfectly 1.1.1 @50-52 ohms and X@1-2 =.64 23 feet really radiates great..it's 24 feet with out the 2 feet of top hat...Its the almighty ground plane..really impressive!Stronger than ever with the doble masting and triple inplaces..anyway i have to finish up on some mounts so i will catch up with you later...thanks 73sss Coily

How much better will it perform than your enforcer? Is it made that way mostly for strength, performance or both? My major concern is eliminating tvi (next door) running my big x-force :cry: .

base antenna

would it work without a ground plane kit i woul dlov eto stack it on top of my maco-m103 does the ground plane it come off??

32 feet of double/triple wall T-6 aluminum for a ground plane and stainless hdwr.? That should be quite pricey! Anyone want to buy me an early Xmas present?

My questions for Dan @ Mr.Coily are:

1) Are you applying any finish preservatives to the Enforcer's aluminum to retard eventual corrosion/oxidation?

2) Do you believe in a finish preservative? (ie. Mosley Weather-Guard)

3) Do you recommend conductive grease carefully applied to coax connections? (ie. Mosley Penetrox)

musky1963 said:
How much better will it perform than your enforcer? Is it made that way mostly for strength, performance or both? My major concern is eliminating tvi (next door) running my big x-force :cry: .
You're running a "big" amp and yet worried about TVI being eliminated via a different antenna setup? It's possible that a percentage of RFI will be reduced, but your neighbor's electronics is somewhat at fault, depending upon the cheapness of design and lack of good RFI filtering. The FCC looks at it that way... that is as long as the offending RF signal is within FCC compliance/specs. In your case, it apparently isn't so, and your neighbor could cause troubles for you (unless you both are cool about it and you've tried to do some filtering on his/her devices for them).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.