• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Combining Power supplies

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have seen switching power supplys on ebay 13.5v 30 amp I have seen that you can combine these power supplys so you can have more amps but must have some type of resistors to help regulate power supplys so they can be as one and not fight one another for supply. These power supplys are about 40 dollars a piece but if you combine 3 that will be a 90 amp supply for under 150 dollars or combine more for more amperage. I have seen one already done but he would not let me look inside to see what has been done. Any suggestions the supplys are model S-350-13.5 Thanks Jimbo165

i put 5 of them in a rack box that looked like a galaxy base station and they worked great. Ran a 2x8 off it just fine. 5 of the 36 amp turned up to 14.6 volts. Only problem i've had is some of the cooling fans have worn out cause i run it day & night. No fuzz in the rx of the radio. Good to GO....!

Reactions: 1 person
The same ones that DNJ radio sells and the ones on eBay, what are they s400's or something, good for 30 amps cont. at up to 15v I believe
qasy3upa.jpg

I believe these are the ones. I know these are good ones, my brother in law runs one and has had it for a few years now.

Combining power supplys

I have heard that you need to put diodes and sandblocks resistors in line between power supplys to stop backfeeding and have regulating of power supplys has anyone done this? And if so what values did you use. I have used a single switching power supply like these for years but need more amps now. Thanks Jimbo165

I've got two 35 amp supplies hooked up,works fine. Make sure you get the volts the same in both before hookup< And then fine tune to balance the amps draw under load after . ( hint the psu showing less amps needs the volts raised slightly V = I x R )

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.