• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Computer Logbook

Peter Walker

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 23, 2011
Is there some type of computer logbook that I could download to keep track of my contacts? I thought I saw one on the ARRL site but can't find it now. If there are only purchase ones, could someone recommend a good one that is not too over the top?

Thank you very much Mike. I will give those a good looking over. So far I'm just keeping a Notepad file with the info.

Biggest advantage of Logger32 for me is that I can use it even on old P3 600MHz machine and it is smooth and fast :)
No need to have decent PC with big LCD screen. Junk I built from old computer parts is doing the job very well with radio control, digital modes and DX cluster watching.
Mike

HRD has a nice logging program with a lot of options, you can auto upload to eQSL, hrdlog.net, qrz, and with the hrd utilities program you can upload to LoTW. The HRD suite does take a good PC to run it. If you get into the digital modes using the HRD Digital Master program it makes the logging almost point and click. It's free, take it for a spin and kick the tires

Thanks Qwayzone. I have a computer I'm going to use for digital work but need a desk on that side of the room nearer my radio. I would eventually like to migrate to using HRD because I have seen someone using it locally. The only thing I didn't like was having to go through Skype and all that mess.

The only thing I didn't like was having to go through Skype and all that mess.

I use HRD now and it is a great suite of programs. I think that you may be confusing Echolink or CQ100 with Ham Radio Deluxe. Echolink and CQ100 both use VOIP to transmit signals any distance. For the ham radio operator who dosen't have a HF rig and setup. You can connect to Echolink using a VHF radio and then it connects to the internet. HRD is a suite of programs. It includes Ham Radio Deluxe for rig control, Digital Master 780 for digital modes, HRD Logbook, HRD Rotator, and HRD Satellite Tracking. HRD does NOT use Skype or VOIP. :) I use a RigExpert TI-5 intreface to connect my computer to my Icom 746pro. There are simpler ways to do it but this is what works for me. :tongue: I hope this helps.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.