• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CONGRATS TO SLIM CDX-285

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
Hello Slim i read on another post that you have past your test and now have an amateur license. :D CONGRATS my friend and i hope to work your station soon.Enjoy your new privileges.
73,Stu

Thanks you guys. I procrastinated for years (30 to be exact)
and finally at 42 I did it! I really do wish I hadn't waited so long,
I mean look at all the fun I've missed! Oh well,better late than never :LOL: I may get in there and play w/some echolink this winter,as I'm too busy this summer,but for now I'm gonna play
locally.I would love to get a SSB 2 mtr and/or 6mtr someday,but
that'll have to wait for the wife to find some work!BUMMER!!!
Thanks again.73.
Slim CDX285

Slim,
That is great ! When I got mine I bought an HTX-202 handheld on EBAYand hit repeaters that connected me to people 100 miles away. Paul,CDX-8412 was one of my first contacts. I just bought a RS scanner antenna and put it in the attic. I did a lot of talking on that setup. The total cost for everything was about$80. Since then I added more radios. My 2meter sideband unit is a Kenwood TS-700A. It is 10 watts and I've talked to NY, Conn.,NJ, MD. All from my attic. It is neat when I tell them of my low power and the attic antenna after they tell me of there 100 -1000 watt setups :D
On my 6meter I have talked as far west as Texas all on 25 watts and an attic dipole. It's fun ! Hopefully we can hook up on the air and Echolink !

dxChat
Help Users