• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

copper.com vs hy electronics

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
ive always knew of coppers but what about hy
are the the same or different?do hy offer 11m mod?
or thier radios already modded for 11m? just curious

Not positive but I dont believe H&Y has a tech to do conversions. They are 2 seperate companies but the same family owns both. Father owns H&Y and son owns C0pper

Re: *** ****.com vs hy electronics

Dont think HY converts to 11m.

hotrod said:
ive always knew of *** **** but what about hy
are the the same or different?do hy offer 11m mod?
or thier radios already modded for 11m? just curious

copper doesnt convert either, they bring it a block away and has a hack do it for them. they dont hijack the conversion board. they buy them without directly from ranger. im not sure if you get the board or not from hy. im sure you dont.

Carl said:
*** **** doesnt convert either, they bring it a block away and has a hack do it for them. they dont hijack the conversion board. they buy them without directly from ranger. im not sure if you get the board or not from hy. im sure you dont.
have you actually seen coppers carrying radios across the street then back over just for that...lol ..omg

808 posted that Paul Massie is the "C'opper Tech" a few weeks ago.

And they definitely DO get the E-chips from Ranger, otherwise they wouldn't be able to "modify for 11 meter" after extorting the 30 bucks from the customer. They just keep it if you don't pony up for the conversion.

I've posted a number of times asking to see pictures of their signal generator and other bench equipment, they never allow it to be approved. That ought to tell you something about whether they tune the RX after conversion or not.....

I have a mental picture of a 7 dollar an hour flunkie with a Dosy and some diddle sticks.....

Highlander_821 said:
808 posted that Paul Massie is the "C'opper Tech" a few weeks ago.

And they definitely DO get the E-chips from Ranger, otherwise they wouldn't be able to "modify for 11 meter" after extorting the 30 bucks from the customer. They just keep it if you don't pony up for the conversion.

I've posted a number of times asking to see pictures of their signal generator and other bench equipment, they never allow it to be approved. That ought to tell you something about whether they tune the RX after conversion or not.....

I have a mental picture of a 7 dollar an hour flunkie with a Dosy and some diddle sticks.....
i got a superstar 3900 without thier conversion and a handfull of others aswell cause i took them to the shop of my choice
and no thier not going to show something illegal on the
internet

whatever the case maybe , they can do it any way they like , you dont like it ,you dont go there. They take the chance at getting busted like the next guy , they send you a radio that has not been converted , that means they sent you a legal radio. now , if they charge you 30.00 for a conversion , thats the price they put there asses on the line for and it no longer is a legal radio. I personally dont see anything wrong with that . and as far as getting personal with them as far as a Web site goes ,I dont' go there ,so what i don't know ,dont hurt me and I dont get to bad mouth them while IM at it for something to do. I've done business with both for over 15 years and they have always treated me right. No complaints here. Everybody in this business is guilty of something.

Reactions: 3 people
Switch Kit said:
whatever the case maybe , they can do it any way they like , you dont like it ,you dont go there. They take the chance at getting busted like the next guy , they send you a radio that has not been converted , that means they sent you a legal radio. now , if they charge you 30.00 for a conversion , thats the price they put there asses on the line for and it no longer is a legal radio. I personally dont see anything wrong with that . and as far as getting personal with them as far as a Web site goes ,I dont' go there ,so what i don't know ,dont hurt me and I dont get to bad mouth them while IM at it for something to do. I've done business with both for over 15 years and they have always treated me right. No complaints here. Everybody in this business is guilty of something.

Very well put switch couldnt have done any better my self

they order the radios with the chips, they pay $15 for the chip seperate from ranger. as said in the previous debate on this issue. i got it direct from the rci rep when she was visiting gregs shop a few years back. i asked her why the brand new 2950dx i paid for had no e-chip in it, she told me this is why coppers radios are so cheap. they buy them (they are blue dots) and get the chips seperate. i paid for the version with the e-chip and she said she was sorry and sent me one. i was inadvertidly sent a blue dot dx (non modifiable).

Switch, your missing the whole point. If you bought a new car and the dealer removed the spare tire from the trunk and then charged you say 100 bucks to give it back would you be ticked off, or would you say, " whatever the case maybe , they can do it any way they like , you dont like it ,you dont go there. "

I have bought stuff from them and it's a crap shoot every time. They advertise a low price, and then get alot of the money back in shipping, handling, and other unique tricks.

It's all good Switch, it seems like your really trying to go to bat for them and thats fine but they are alittle shady and not deserving of your praise.

Butcher318 said:
Switch, your missing the whole point. If you bought a new car and the dealer removed the spare tire from the trunk and then charged you say 100 bucks to give it back would you be ticked off, or would you say, " whatever the case maybe , they can do it any way they like , you dont like it ,you dont go there. "

I have bought stuff from them and it's a crap shoot every time. They advertise a low price, and then get alot of the money back in shipping, handling, and other unique tricks.

It's all good Switch, it seems like your really trying to go to bat for them and thats fine but they are alittle shady and not deserving of your praise.

Stop going there then Butch , people can charge and do as they may , it happens all the time , my praise ? I simply said I've done buisness with them over the years with no problems. As far as a car goes , I think I better make sure it has a spare tire with it before I buy it if it means that much to me. They have been in business for a very long time , I would guess to say that they must have done something right along the way to still be around. I think what happens is a lot of you forum surfer types go from one Forum to the other and feed on the bullshit , if you don't like what's going on in somebody else's house , don't let the doors hit you in the ass on the way out.(I think doors tend to hit many in the ass because they choose to let it happen or they feel they will be doing others a favor?) This tech 808 means nothing to me ,that's no different to me then somebody bad mouthing Frank over at the other one or Justin on this one , you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. I guess folks just feel the need to care ? when your in business for that long Butch , i'd have to say that the good out weighs the bad. folks need to ask more questions before they buy something , if they can't get the answer there looking for ? they might want to go elsewhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.