• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COVID 19 home tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

We get tested at work weekly, I was negative both weeks. But on the way home about 1 am my sinuses started acting up, sniffling, sneezing ect. It's seems like I have a cold or bad allergy problems. I don't know if I've got the covid or just the common cold but I know I'm tired of sneezing and blowing my nose! Otherwise I don't really feel bad just tired from driving all night.

They say the test can't tell the difference between the seasonal flue and covid so I assume it can't tell the difference between covid and the common cold either? (n)

Not sure who "they" are but I know a lot of folks that have had the common cold or flu and tested negative for Covid and YES it
was just a cold or flu they had. If the test could not tell the difference, they should have tested positive I would think.

Reactions: BJ radionut
My wife and I have both tested positive and could not tell the difference between a mild cold or possibly a mild case of the flew and we are not vaccinated for the flu or covid. My family also has had it and only one felt really bad and also not vaccinated.

Old Tech: Glad it worked out that way for you.
I have lost 2 good friends, since fall.
These were both members of the DX Contest Club, which I am a board member.
The latest went to hospital on Dec 23.21 ...
He never came home. He passed Saturday 1.15.22
(In good health before, was 64 years old)
The previous member (passed October) was a Scout leader...hiked, camped with his two young boys. Very active, good health, he was 38 years old.
Someone at work was sick/ he got tested... positive test...
10 days later he was gone!

Both were unvaccinated.

Since I am a board member, I will be part of the group that gets to dismantle the W8PR Contest Station.
The latest to pass was the Trustee and Owner of the station where we operated.
This will be a daunting task; I do not look forward to.
All the Best
Gary

Not sure who "they" are but I know a lot of folks that have had the common cold or flu and tested negative for Covid and YES it
was just a cold or flu they had. If the test could not tell the difference, they should have tested positive I would think.
Just what I herd. I really don't care about all this mess anymore, if I get it, we'll then I get it. if I don't, well I don't. I'm not going to argue what's right or what's wrong because at this point I don't think anyone knows what's going on. All I know is I'm tired of it, and I'll take my chances and live my life as usual. Not wanting to offend or make anyone mad, we're all grown people and I just feel we should live our lives as we see fit, to each their own as it's been said. Hoping everyone stays healthy and fit. Peace and chicken grease

They say the test can't tell the difference between the seasonal flue and covid so I assume it can't tell the difference between covid and the common cold either? (n)

I was at my neighbors for New Years eve, My wife and I are healthy and not vaccinated, Neighbors GF is a nurse thats vaxxed and boosted and tested for covid. We did get what seemed to be flu symtoms to us a few days after tested 2 times each both negative...go figure. still have a small cough with Flem. This is the first time being sick in over 2 years for both of us.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
There is some crap going around that is NOT Covid but it presents as a sore throat, raspy voice and a mild cough. The problem is that most people assume or get freaked out that it is Covid and cannot understand why the rapid test says negative. We went thru that a few weeks ago. I do know that false results are possible but not rampant. On Friday my wife and son tested positive using a rapid test. They both have a cough and raspy voice. I tested negative and have ZERO symptoms but I cannot attend work. Tomorrow I have a PCR test scheduled and will have to wait 48-72 hours for the results. FWIW both my wife and I are double vaxxed and boosted while my son refuses to get vaccinated. There is a DIRECT connection as to it coming into our house. He refuses to get vaxxed, he works with others and nobody wears a mask, and he works directly with two others that tested positive and had bad symptoms. Not hard to see how it came into my house. My wife has respiratory issues anyway and we think that is why she seems affected much more than I am. I may be positive I have no idea until the PCR test but I have zero symptoms.

There is some crap going around that is NOT Covid but it presents as a sore throat, raspy voice and a mild cough.
I went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago with that crap. She said it mimics the Omni to the point that a lot of places were assuming the test was a false negative until more people came in with it. She did the rapid and PCR just to be sure.... both negative thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated