• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

CRE 8900/Anytone 5500 VERSUs Yeticom Optima MkIII

OK, what's you're thoughts?

Money is not an object. Quality and size are.

Sadly, my 2510 which I bought the month after they can out and served my well was sent to Doc to be Doctored. The US Postal Service shoved a stell something or other through the package and broke the faceplate. There are no parts. It's toast! Hence my dilemma as to what to buy.

Thanks

Let me say I have bought anything under the sun that came out the last 5 years or so for SSB operation and nothing I mean NOTHING can hold a candle to the Yeticom Optima, yea it might be more money but is by far a GREAT working radio recieve and transmit, there is nothing better on the market today at all. NOTHING.

Attachments

• optima 3-2-12.jpg
    optima 3-2-12.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 34
OK, what's you're thoughts?

Money is not an object. Quality and size are.

Sadly, my 2510 which I bought the month after they can out and served my well was sent to Doc to be Doctored. The US Postal Service shoved a stell something or other through the package and broke the faceplate. There are no parts. It's toast! Hence my dilemma as to what to buy.

Thanks

as for your smashed radio,did you buy insurance when you mailed it via usps? my choice for size,price,and features would be the cre-8900 at the mobile radio store. this radio can be mounted in a simgle Din radio hole. Don't buy the Optima Mk2,just ask M42duster. check out the optima Mk3 instead. and don't buy from anyone unless you know their reputation first. be sure to add the mobile radio store to your contacts if you email them. the other site you can buy a cre-8900 is bells cb. peace!

Last edited:
Optima MKIII Mobile Mounting

Mu 2510 was floor mounted on the hump of my Caddy 2004 Deville. I couldn't see the lite panel or read the faceplate.

I've checked out several makers and the one that looks likeliest is the MM1001 from IIX equipment Ltd. at IIX EQUIPMENT LTD., page Five. It's 9" high with a swivel mounting bracket.

Any better ideas?

Thanks

Mu 2510 was floor mounted on the hump of my Caddy 2004 Deville. I couldn't see the lite panel or read the faceplate.

I've checked out several makers and the one that looks likeliest is the MM1001 from IIX equipment Ltd. at IIX EQUIPMENT LTD., page Five. It's 9" high with a swivel mounting bracket.

Any better ideas?

Thanks

nada. the ones I've been researching for my application are the optima mkIII,superstar SS3H,Anytone AT-5555,and the cre-8900. I've just got back into the radio scene myself after a twenty-five year hiatis. there plenty of seasoned(old salty)veterans on this sight that would be glad to help you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.