• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

what would be nice is if one of these manufactors would make a radio with a detachable face to address the needs of mounting radios in the newer vehicles. i have a nice yaesu 7900 2 meter radio that i have the main body of the radio mounted under the seat and the control head mounted on a nice air condition mount. there are a couple other amature radio manufactors that make HF. rigs that way but priced out of most CBers price range for freeband and 11 meter operation. it would be sweet to have RCI,Magnum,Galaxy or Stryker make a full featured SSB like that for 11 meters.

Got one of these yesterday, face comes off, 40 channel SSB and can be moded for 10 meters or freebanding. Not sure how bad or good it is yet but been using it on my base antenna since last night with good audio results.

Attachments

• midland 79-290 12-25-12.jpg
    midland 79-290 12-25-12.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 11
Saw these for years now but this is the first one below 200 that looked nice enough to bid on that the face plate really stays in place

Attachments

• midland 79-290 face.jpg
    midland 79-290 face.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 9
  • midland 79-290 Christmas 12.jpg
    midland 79-290 Christmas 12.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9
I just got my CRE 8900 yesterday. I put it in my Jeep. So far i really really like it. I'm not sure i don't like it better than the new Magnum 2-45HP i just bought for my big truck. Still to soon to tell,but both seem like really nice rigs.

It's not a great pic,but hear is the only one i've taken so far. I had a Cobra 29ltd Chrome up there so it was all wired up and ready to go. I think i may eventually move it up to the footmans loop above the rearview mirror. All i can say so far is i am very pleased with this little radio
CRE8900_zps7cd8503e.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
It's not a great pic,but hear is the only one i've taken so far. I had a Cobra 29ltd Chrome up there so it was all wired up and ready to go. I think i may eventually move it up to the footmans loop above the rearview mirror. All i can say so far is i am very pleased with this little radio
CRE8900_zps7cd8503e.jpg

triple 7 bulldog made a homemade shiny insulated box to keep his radio from being cooked alive when his truck is parked. but of course,he lives in Maine. he's on YouTube (y)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.