• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DAVE MADE AN/SSB TRANSMITTER

I mentioned in my op about the audio on AM/ssb, and will say it again. The audio's exstramly impressive in both modes.
I'm sure anybody who has the chance to hear, atlest the one I heard will agree. It's truly impresive audio. .
Then we get into the whole "he didn't do that thread"
I'll take some pics, however proofs in the sound.

Don't think your going to get many if any photos of the internal parts of one. But yes they do sound extremely good. I've heard 131 on air many times and his station sounds incredible. I'm sure he has his reasons for not posting photos of it as he operates on 11m with it. He is not as dumb as one might think!! JMHO.

Reactions: BBB
Don't think your going to get many if any photos of the internal parts of one. But yes they do sound extremely good. I've heard 131 on air many times and his station sounds incredible. I'm sure he has his reasons for not posting photos of it as he operates on 11m with it. He is not as dumb as one might think!! JMHO.

222 nailed it.

Doubtful that Mustang 131 would post any pics because he doesn't have to. He has nothing to prove. I have also heard him out there and he sounds fantastic. And that's all that matters.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 222DBFL
222 nailed it.

Doubtful that Mustang 131 would post any pics because he doesn't have to. He has nothing to prove. I have also heard him out there and he sounds fantastic. And that's all that matters.

~Cheers~

Nobody has ever said a thing to dispute the quality of the audio.Pictures couldn't prove or disprove that anyway. The question was all about WHAT IT WAS that was making that audio sound good.

A direct injected 148 sounds pretty awesome with some minimal audio processing as well

You should hear an old Heath DX-60 with a Sennheiser MD-421 microphone with the audio chain caps changed out to much larger values. There is no hard bandwidth limiters in that rig. I only put it on 11m when the locals were pissing me off. :p

Reactions: AudioShockwav
The DX series were great sounding transmitters. I know there screen modulated as opposed to plate.
I never was sure what the difference was between screen and plate modulation as they both sound excellent on AM, but I always perfected the (plate modulated ef Johnson ranger) which I believe to be comparable in output to the DX60 (35 watts).
.I hope to be operating my ranger this winter. They sure do keep the shack toasty. Real radios glow in the dark.
You should hear an old Heath DX-60 with a Sennheiser MD-421 microphone with the audio chain caps changed out to much larger values. There is no hard bandwidth limiters in that rig. I only put it on 11m when the locals were pissing me off. :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.