• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Davy Jones- The Monkees

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Had a neat thing happen about an hour or so ago. Davy Jones of "The Monkees" lives about 9 miles from me. I have been by his house several times but had never met him. The last time I went over to his house it was to show it to my son Seth who is Autistic. He was wanting to see it for himself. Well, this evening I went to Wal-Mart to buy a battery for my boat. While standing in line there was a guy in front of me that I had almost hit earlier with my cart. My middle son was with me and was looking at the guy and came over to me and asked if that was Davy Jones. I said I couldn't tell as his back was to me. He again went to the side and looked and came back and said it was. His name was on a name plate riveted to his belt. I stepped to the side and sure enough the belt had a name on it "Davy Jones" . He looked up at me and I said I want to shake your hand. We talked for awhile and I told him my son had me go by his house. I asked if I could get an autograph for him. He had 2 CD's with him and he handed me one and said give this to Seth. He had just came back from California from making a new album. He told me to come by the house sometime and that he had some nice horses there. That would make my daughter's day as she barrel races. So it turned out a pretty neat day !:)

So do you think he would be pissed if you posted his new record?

Well, I just did a Google of the recording and it is public. Found this in
Davy Jones | Philadelphia Daily News | 07/28/2009

Still recording: Just finished a song called "Amore" with Ron Dante, former lead singer of the Archies and a former producer for Barry Manilow, Cher and Dionne Warwick, among others. "It's very Latin. Very flamenco. Very current."

But I still edited my post.

I grew up watching the Monkeys, used to have an album or two from them way back then, they're long gone now....

Pretty cool Son Watcher, Davey is a pretty down to earth guy, Neismith on the other hand is somewhat arrogant......

Had a neat thing happen about an hour or so ago. Davy Jones of "The Monkees" lives about 9 miles from me. I have been by his house several times but had never met him. The last time I went over to his house it was to show it to my son Seth who is Autistic. He was wanting to see it for himself. Well, this evening I went to Wal-Mart to buy a battery for my boat. While standing in line there was a guy in front of me that I had almost hit earlier with my cart. My middle son was with me and was looking at the guy and came over to me and asked if that was Davy Jones. I said I couldn't tell as his back was to me. He again went to the side and looked and came back and said it was. His name was on a name plate riveted to his belt. I stepped to the side and sure enough the belt had a name on it "Davy Jones" . He looked up at me and I said I want to shake your hand. We talked for awhile and I told him my son had me go by his house. I asked if I could get an autograph for him. He had 2 CD's with him and he handed me one and said give this to Seth. He had just came back from California from making a new album. He told me to come by the house sometime and that he had some nice horses there. That would make my daughter's day as she barrel races. So it turned out a pretty neat day !:)

Way cool. Crazy world. People next door might be famous...!!!

coolness on the daveyness I also watched the crazy show and laughed when he appeared on the 1990's version of the brady bunch or in the Brady Bunch the movie

Hehe...I didn't mean posting the name of the album...I meant what if you posted the actual MP3's?

:) :)

Listened to a radio interview with him a few years ago and he was three sheets to the wind at the time. Might be something to think about prior to a family visit. Then again maybe it was just a fluke.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.