• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DEI Transistors

Should have listened 25 years ago when the smart people were still saying "buy American". Today if you got rid of every Chinese product you own, your house would get empty quick and nearly everything with a plug or battery would have to go. There are no other choices today since China has been allowed to monopolize just about every market with no quality control or checks in place.

Things like "trade balance" are never even discussed anymore because those in charge have submitted long ago to the fact they will collapse the US economy by allowing the money for everything we purchase to go to China. It's just a matter of time because the path they have us on now is not sustainable and anyone with common sense should figure this out. Since we got addicted to buying everything at 50% of normal costs, the dollar now only has 50% of its value and dropping.

Should have listened 25 years ago when the smart people were still saying "buy American". Today if you got rid of every Chinese product you own, your house would get empty quick and nearly everything with a plug or battery would have to go. There are no other choices today since China has been allowed to monopolize just about every market with no quality control or checks in place.

Things like "trade balance" are never even discussed anymore because those in charge have submitted long ago to the fact they will collapse the US economy by allowing the money for everything we purchase to go to China. It's just a matter of time because the path they have us on now is not sustainable and anyone with common sense should figure this out. Since we got addicted to buying everything at 50% of normal costs, the dollar now only has 50% of its value and dropping.

Our politicians are solely to blame, they pass legislation that made this all possible.
There was a multiple car traffic fatality 3 months ago where the tread completely came off a Primewell Chinese tire......looks like the cost savings only benefitted the funeral home and the hospital trauma center.
Thanks to our poor broke ex President Clinton, we have NAFTA.

Our politicians are solely to blame, they pass legislation that made this all possible.
There was a multiple car traffic fatality 3 months ago where the tread completely came off a Primewell Chinese tire......looks like the cost savings only benefitted the funeral home and the hospital trauma center.
We, the people, put those politicians into office.

We, the people, keep putting idiots into the Oval Office. Clinton, Bush, Jr, Obama. Let's face it, four in a row have not been very good.

Unfortunately the Republicans picked Voldemort to run last time and we didn't get rid of the current idiot.

6ypy3yqe.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got one for you. Instead of giving the impression to the rest of the world that we really get to pick our leaders here.....why not actually let us do that? Don't you find it odd you were not happy with any of the recent republicans or democrats even when your party wins? That's because they all come from one mold today where they are groomed into someone else's idea of presidential material long before they are handed the job. It's all for show to pacify us.

If you don't agree with the majority of people in your state they throw your vote in the garbage rather than counting it as part of a total. If your state ain't going the way they want, they throw more votes in the garbage like Florida if your brother is Governor. How else could a bungling idiot like Jr. get the job twice? To make a long story short, your vote only counts when it doesn't! That's to say when it agrees with the majority in your state and wouldn't make a difference anyhow.

PS: Did anyone else notice a resemblance between Jr. and Gilligan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkrfoverlord

A quick search for tire recalls over the past couple years shows that virtually all the major tire manufacturers from Firestone, Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama, Cooper, and others have issued recalls due to poor quality control resulting in unsafe manufacturing defects ranging from defective sidewalls to tread separation. Some of these have also lead to fatal crashes. The Chinese don"t have a monopoly on poor manufacturing.

One of many:

Michelin North America is recalling 1,200,000 Michelin LTX M/S tires, size LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE, manufactured from January 10, 2010, through June 23, 2012. The tires are supplied for use as original equipment on certain Ford vehicles, and as replacement equipment on various brand commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks.These tires could experience tread separation, which can lead to rapid air loss, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Michelin will notify owners and Michelin dealers will replace the tires free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on January 6, 2014.

Hi Shockwave,

"It's called the DC to DC converter and has been around in high power applications for many years. Today's high efficiency light weight switching versions make this easier and more economical than ever before.[/QUOTE]"

I've been aware for years that the car stereo amp's run the volts however there few if any affordable commercial DC to DC converters (12v to 48v) so do you know of anyone building any high current units out there, such as this but 2-4 times more power:

12V 48V DC-DC Boost Converter | SEC 6948 25A DC to DC Converter

I have found more powerful units but you don't want to know the price!

BTW, I cannot understand why they don't go to forced air cooling thereby reducing the need for large and expensive heatsinks!

Unit 148 Mobile
London, UK

A quick search for tire recalls over the past couple years shows that virtually all the major tire manufacturers from Firestone, Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama, Cooper, and others have issued recalls due to poor quality control resulting in unsafe manufacturing defects ranging from defective sidewalls to tread separation. Some of these have also lead to fatal crashes. The Chinese don"t have a monopoly on poor manufacturing.

One of many:

Michelin North America is recalling 1,200,000 Michelin LTX M/S tires, size LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE, manufactured from January 10, 2010, through June 23, 2012. The tires are supplied for use as original equipment on certain Ford vehicles, and as replacement equipment on various brand commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks.These tires could experience tread separation, which can lead to rapid air loss, resulting in a loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Michelin will notify owners and Michelin dealers will replace the tires free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on January 6, 2014.

Michelins are supposed to be the best and after 30,000 miles the Latitudes on my Wife's SUV started having tread separation. Michelin only agreed to pay 20% toward a new set because the tire size was not on the recall list......some Latitudes were though. :mad:
Pretty pathetic since they are $250 a piece tires plus installation.
Some Michelin tires are made in china after doing some searching. :rolleyes:
I will never buy another set of Michelins!!!!!!

Hi Shockwave,

"It's called the DC to DC converter and has been around in high power applications for many years. Today's high efficiency light weight switching versions make this easier and more economical than ever before.

I've been aware for years that the car stereo amp's run the volts however there few if any affordable commercial DC to DC converters (12v to 48v) so do you know of anyone building any high current units out there, such as this but 2-4 times more power:

12V 48V DC-DC Boost Converter | SEC 6948 25A DC to DC Converter

I have found more powerful units but you don't want to know the price!

BTW, I cannot understand why they don't go to forced air cooling thereby reducing the need for large and expensive heatsinks!

Unit 148 Mobile
London, UK

My first thought would be to modify a typical high power DC to AC inverter. They have become very economical lately. This could be done at least two different ways. The first idea would be to go after the regulator itself and modify the pulse width to reduce the voltage before rectification and filtering.The problem here is the reduction in output voltage cannot be compensated for by extra current so the overall power output will be a fraction of the original supply.

My other idea was to place another secondary winding on the toroid that would supply the 50 volts and support the full power output of the supply. The existing regulator should still function although it will not compensate for voltage drop within the added winding. The best idea may be just to stack as many of those $34 supplies you found as you need in parallel to get the desired amps.

First the mantra of "Buying AMerican" does not work you can not buy what is not for sale! Try finding a computer, microwave, washingmachine, tv set or clothing that is American made. American made aka union made blue jeans start at $140 and go up who can afford that! Greedy Unions and Politicans at every level drove manufacturing out of the USA. You can not pay someone $26 an hour plus all kinds of medical benifits and pension to do a job that the market should only pay $9 to do like the did for so long in the Auto Industry for example and expect manufacturing to remain in this country. Then you had all the local county county, city and state taxes then you had the federal taxes, then all the red tape fee's and such from EPA and all the taxes on all the raw materials you need to make anything and all the asscoiated taxes on energy, fuel etc......

Anyone that thinks it is as simple as "Buy American" is either ignorant of what is really going on or they have a hidden agenda that is about chaos and misdirection! Nothing is that darn simple!

No one wanted to give an inch not the unions not the politicians and not the workers their own greed drove jobs out of this country!!!

My generation is the first generation in the history of America not to do as well or better then their parents did in terms of wages and standard of living. I was born in the early 1970's so I have seen the fall of the cold war, the rise and fall of prosperity in America and Europe. I was making $9.86 in 1992 when I graduated from High School working retail in Georgia! Today I live in Michigan and have a hard time finding any work from managerial to factory that pays $10 an hour or more. I have a college degree that does nothing for me but cost me money each month in terms of paying off my college loans.

Oh and on the poisoning issue Americans where killing each other with toxic waste dumping long before the Chinese. Look at "The Love Canal" and all the other things like it. The great lakes are so toxic that pregnant women are not suppose to eat much fish caught in this state. One of the great lakes was so polluted by Industry in Michigan that the water spontaneously caught fire. A local hotel had to have special liners put in when toxic waste dumped their in the 1950's was seeping into the basement and causing illness to guests and employee's.

My point is that we have enough wrong on our own hands that we need to fix our own back yard before we go blaming the Chinese for anything! The Chinese where only able to capitalize on an already bad situation if the USA had been keeping it's own house in order then their would not have been an environment ripe for them to take advantage of.Before the Chinese it was Europe then it was the Japanese then the Indians and Pakistanis then it was the current bad guys the Chinese. Stop passing the buck all you old farts that created the situation that the world is in today need to man up and take credit for what your Generation has created and stop passing the buck to other countries!

[QUOTE="psycho, post: 483293, member: 1825]Thanks to our poor broke ex President Clinton, we have NAFTA.[/QUOTE]
Leave my "Uncle Bill" alone. Give the proper idiot the credit. George H. W. Bush is the guilty party here. Uncle Bill left office with a surplus in the coffers. George W. Bush blew all of that in short order. He said, "I have capitol and I'm going to spend it."
After Hurricane Katrina he also said, "Don't expect the federal government to bail you out."

Enough goverment stuff. Getting off topic. what about the dei pills? Are they dirty sound or clean running? Are they good for ssb? Or just am? How have they been doing for the people using them?

Enough goverment stuff. Getting off topic. what about the dei pills? Are they dirty sound or clean running? Are they good for ssb? Or just am? How have they been doing for the people using them?

The DEI finals are not as heavy duty, they don't hold up to higher voltage or drive levels. Being clean or sounding dirty would be the result of a properly tuned or mistuned radio and not the DEI final. Bottom line, don't over drive them and keep the voltage at 14 or less and you will be fine. The amp might do a tad less watts but no one will notice.

Reactions: TonyV225

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated