• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Design or modify a radio...wishlist thread.

You know I do, I got one set with 2879’s in them and another running dual 520’s. Amazing what you can do with 9v batteries these days, oh and some dark side helps too.

Reactions: Rwb and Tallman
I think trp needs a solar panel to power it,rusty bailing wire antenna

Just thought of easier build for a current manufacturer. Stryker 955 stuffed into a 447 case. Drop the color change and put the SSB switch in that spot. Dual finals and be done. The 955 seems pretty stable and Stryker has a nice normal meter on that of decent size. Keep under or about $250 and I think they would sell an epic ton.

the only other option is AT-6666 (same basic mfg line) and do same stuff into a case with knobs and a bigger meter.

Edited to add: Just emailed Stryker about this idea

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and 2NC995
Just thought of easier build for a current manufacturer. Stryker 955 stuffed into a 447 case. Drop the color change and put the SSB switch in that spot. Dual finals and be done. The 955 seems pretty stable and Stryker has a nice normal meter on that of decent size. Keep under or about $250 and I think they would sell an epic ton.

the only other option is AT-6666 (same basic mfg line) and do same stuff into a case with knobs and a bigger meter.

Edited to add: Just emailed Stryker about this idea

Put a 955 into a base station case, with optional 400w amplifier, and I’ll take one!

EXIT13 -

So many of the problems with today's exports and CBs could be solved if the mfgrs would use QUALITY COMPONENTS. The early UNIDEN exports ( Cobra 148GTL-dx, Superstar 360fm, Pres Jackson, etc.), were great performers ... well built and stable. Circuit redesigns to cut costs, and junk components ruined everything. Personally, I think President is the only mfgr making decent CB/export equipment now-a-days.
I wish that the market was there for UNIDEN to intro a new export base and mobile. But, like you said ... "wishful thinking, though."

I know I'm a newb here, but if nobody else wants it I'm interested.
let me see how much shipping is,pay freight its yours,be saturday before i can sip it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.