• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Design or modify a radio...wishlist thread.

Model number?
telstat ssb 140.its not working on 110 weak on 12vdc,speaker bad no mic and 2 missing knobs. Id try restoring it but lost interest

I have that same radio sitting in storage.
It is one of the" I can't pass it up and I am going to fix it some day " radios.
You know, one of those projects.

Jeff
mine might have parts yours needs

Do away with ALL export junk. So much poor designing in exports.... from noisy RX, to overheated output/PA sections, to bad IF mixing stages, there just isn't anything good about them. Get rid of them entirely.
For CB's, go back to leaded solder so they are more reliable in a mobile, less prone to failed solder joints. Re-design the clarifier circuits for increased stability. Want a blueprint for all this? Go back to the late 1970's and early 1980's. Far better QC, better TX and RX, and far better frequency stability.
Wishful thinking, though.
~Cheers~

You are obviously a radio operator with good taste and will not tolerate junk in your radio room.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.