• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did I say something to trigger this notification?

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Checking in today and was greeted with this message at the top. First time I've ever encountered it and not sure if it's a general notification or was it something I said?

Any clarification is appreciated.
Screenshot_20220216-185439_Chrome.jpg

i think the only currently copyrighted material regarding the CB hobby is the SAMS manuals.

Can anyone help remind me of what other materials are currently copyrighted?
Im speaking for CB radio only, not amateur radio.

Im sure im missing something, but it would be good to get some clarification on what is and isn't included in this warning.
LC

Freedom of speech is a very tricky phrase, they should add as long as it doesn't hurt or bother anyone. Egg Shell World for sure. But were suppose to Take It Like A Man ! LOL

Reactions: TIN_CAN and Rwb
All CB Tricks stuff is Copyrighted

Not necessarily. A lot of the CB Tricks stuff was scans and publications of things that are no longer available or copyright holders are long gone, out of business, etc. Look at it this way: if the publisher still provides a way to buy the content from their own site, Amazon, etc., then others should not be attempting to sell the same info. The Lou Franklin books mentioned earlier in this thread is a good example of something that will get you in trouble here if you are using this site in an attempt to sell unauthorized digital copies.

Reactions: Rwb
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.
That's something I more than understand but that is something that a lot of people need to think about more. As I go thru life I watch everything I do and say. We are not as free as some people think. People don't forget and it can bite you in the butt in more ways than one.

All CB Tricks stuff is Copyrighted
I actually checked this before sending my mirror of CBTricks to @Moleculo. According to the US Government, the copyright symbols that were on CBTricks must have been placed there for show as "CBTricks.com" holds absolutely ZERO copyrights. I tried every variation I could think of, even CB-Tricks.com (which also falsely claims copyright protection). This is the case for many sites and resources online. It seems most people find it easier to simply mark something copyrighted as opposed to actually filing a copyright (which I think is illegal in itself, but who cares).

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteastro
Careful in interpretation of Copyright versus Intellectual Property rights

To show or demonstrate a repair, a "Copyrighted" item needs to be shown - but the repair itself uses the abilities of the person repairing the radio - The Intellectual(s) - but the process to show it - is the repair itself using the knowledge gleaned from the technology under the Copyright, but the Person showing the procedure has rights to the Intellectual Property (the process to fix it) - that if shown in publicly free viewing sites - is their choice to waive any income based upon the procedure - and let the site itself reap the benefits of the effort the person did to fix the radio by traffic viewing the sties repository of these efforts.

People get paid to fix radios - but if the person offering the repair procedure - publishes this publicly, anyone has access and can utilize that information versus having someone paid to fix this problem - whom has the right to be compensated - is pretty straightforward - because the responsibility of the repair and any costs are placed on the owner of the Copyrighted equipment needing repair.

Whether they try to fix it or they provide the process to help the person they selected to fix it get paid for the effort - the person offering the repair procedure "don't" lose, the person paid to do the work is getting compensated for their effort. The efficiency of the repair then becomes common knowledge that can be applied to the greater good for anyone willing to work in doing the effort can apply their standards to be compensated or not.

To me, this goes back to the Proprietary versus Common Principles.

Proprietary means ownership.

Common often occurs or shared.

The person willing to "share" is not always compensated monetarily - as a choice they made.

Proprietary means they own it, so they become the RESPONSIBLE party that if this gets published, they must be willing to accept that they lost "ownership" of the information because thru their efforts they produced and published for their own - but have to accept the issue of showing such information and the responsibility of ownership is no longer theirs for showing it.

We'd never have TV let alone have watched TV - if "copyright" and Intellectual Property rights we not given a level of lateral space in which they're allowed to show something for others to see, without recourse.

I can't lay claim to "offset" .

But then too, we are using information that was previously published and has now become archived in repositories - but for someone to lay claim to it even though the manufacturing of said technology was completed long time ago - it's like the game of marbles - someone comes along and tries to gather them all up and has to work for that aquisition of mateirals as compensation.

Once you get your head around the game of marbles, does the current events and chronology of history show that many whom benefited from the game of playing marbles - had to stop playing the game - they simply ran out of product to play with - but that doesn't stop the marbles from ever existing - just one person wants it all - so you have to play to win it back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.