• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Different DX

357magnum

Feb 25, 2014
Coventry RI
Dx crazy right now in RI , Talking to a lot of different state's an cities Ohio , Tenn. ,Chicago upstate NY . Been awful quiet here for a while 38 is CRAZY as usual .**Jump_im**

Reactions: 1 person

nothin' but static here. Just finished building a greenhouse for a buddy up the street. Walked in, fired up the radio and .......NOTHIN"! All I heard yesterday were a couple of guys from Jamaica. All over up here in this GFSHH!:bored:

Just a few folks coming and going, heard Australia fade in and out and then someone from Illinois. Conditions seems to be better after dark here, when the noise floor quiets a bit. Central Florida is the location.

It was insane around noon here The guy I talk to in Chicago on AM said I was giving a solid 20db . It lasted like that for a little over an hour an then back to the sporadic DX .

Been a bit hit and miss the last week only worked five countries and about 15 US stations. San francisco and the west coast roll in every day about 10 am local time.

Magnum357 it might have been me your hearing in Chicago. I have heard a lot of
DX lately during the day from 11am-3pm area. Fl,Tn,Al,Tx to name a few and someone in Ky I hear almost daily but can't pull him out of the static. Haven't been hear in a while but have recently added to the shop a RCI 2970n2 and a Maco m104 on a 75 foot rohn tower with rotor. It has been a little slow for business so I have the chance to DX more.:blush:

Reactions: 1 person
Friday 5-9-14 The only dx I have gotten today is 42 in Texas on 27.385. Thought he was a local guy because he was the only station all day. loud and no noise coming in with him. I give him a shout and he came back said he was in San Antonio. after the qso I listened to him talk to another station in Texas for about 30 more minutes... No other skip all day. dx has been pretty much dead in my area for the past week or so. Other that hit and miss.

I have to say, even though I have never met the folks from Europe face to face, I really miss talking with them as the skip is non existent for the past few weeks across the pond. John from N' Ireland, Scotland, Germany, UK Italy, France, etc.... and all the rest of the good folks that will move up or down one from 38 and shoot the bull with ya for 30 minutes or so. I don't waste too much time on the hit and runs. Not interested in that stuff. it really is a great winter hobby when we're all frozen to freakin' death and stuck in the house. :bored:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.