• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dissatisfied eBay customer ...

Just came in from a dissatisfied eBay customer;
"All the caps are 36 volt while my radio is 12 volt. Is this some illegal kit designed to boost power beyond the FCC limits? If it is I will contact Ebay as I am not a criminal. You will take the kit back or I will contact Ebay tomorrow."
I responded with;

"All of the radial capacitors in this kit are rated at 25v or better, which meets or exceeds those specified by the manufacturer. A higher rated component means that it will last longer in your unit."

And Karen came back with;

"Send a return label or I will contact ebay. These are not the parts recommended by the manufacturer."

So the drama continues.

I do believe that the requirement for a 1st phone or a general radio telephone license being necessary in order to repair modify or adjust a CB radio vanished along with CFR 47 Section 95.302(b) of the Rules.

All we're left with now is CFR 47 Section 95.319(b)
Internal adjustments and repairs to Personal Radio Services transmitters must be performed by or under the supervision of an individual who is qualified to maintain and repair transmitters.

This never does get around to defining "an individual who is qualified to maintain and repair transmitters." let alone specifying the qualifications.

@Shadetree Mechanic , other than my grandfathered 1st phone / grandfathered general radiotelephone license I am not now nor have I ever been aware of a FCC certified technician.

It's kinda like present day FCC enforcement efforts .

I responded with;

"All of the radial capacitors in this kit are rated at 25v or better, which meets or exceeds those specified by the manufacturer. A higher rated component means that it will last longer in your unit."

"Send a return label or I will contact ebay. These are not the parts recommended by the manufacturer."

So the drama continues.
Id tell him to contact ebay...

Id tell him to contact ebay...
I went on the offensive and chose the "report buyer" option on this. They have polices for buyers using extortion tactics to get free product. The buyer has said they installed components already so a request for a return is way out of line. My listings specifically state "no returns" but this buyer seems to have missed those details.

I responded with;

So the drama continues.
I'd just send him your phone number to talk in person but this beta would probably take that as a provocative action and report you

Awful lot of mean-spirited bashing going on. (Not you, Ed.)
This is Christmas, remember?
A time for “good will toward men”, remember?

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.