• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Doc's Electronics in Buffalo,NY.

RIP.
Sad news for the radio community.
He always did great radio work for me.
He also would take the time to have a good phone conversation about the radio hobby.
Wish i still had a Doc upgraded 2510 or Lincoln.

Reactions: KyPoohCDX618
I was fortunate to live about 50 miles from Doc. He chipswitched my 2510 and was the main reason I bought a 2510 in the first place. I also had many fond learning experiences with him in his repair room while he worked on other customers radios. He was always glad to have people over visiting and even welcomed those looking over his shoulder that asked questions while he worked. There’s not very many repair personnel like him in that regard. This is Doc’s obituary site in case you’re interested in leaving a note.
https://jerfh.com/tribute/details/1383/Thomas-Bridge/obituary.html

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I was fortunate to live about 50 miles from Doc. He chipswitched my 2510 and was the main reason I bought a 2510 in the first place. I also had many fond learning experiences with him in his repair room while he worked on other customers radios. He was always glad to have people over visiting and even welcomed those looking over his shoulder that asked questions while he worked. There’s not very many repair personnel like him in that regard. This is Doc’s obituary site in case you’re interested in leaving a note.
https://jerfh.com/tribute/details/1383/Thomas-Bridge/obituary.html
Sunbulls.... I was in Doc's radio room a few times. He sure did know that style radio inside and out. We may be neighbors. I live about 65 east of Doc.

Sunbulls.... I was in Doc's radio room a few times. He sure did know that style radio inside and out. We may be neighbors. I live about 65 east of Doc.
I live little north of Olean and drive up to the Buffalo VA on occasion. That's usually when I stopped in to see how Doc was doing.

Ya know... I always wanted to send him 1 of my 2510s for a re-work.... Or the other fella, Rogerbird I think it is?? Didn't he pass away also?

Cool beans! Thanks Low boy. I got a 2510 here that has some damage and need a stock CPU cuz I robbed the Chipswitch out of it for another rig.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.