• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Donkey Stomper

This is old. But I've had a fee stompers. No issues. Didn't see any difference between them , xforce or dave made. It's all the same design. They just need to sell these as a build a box. Lol....

Reactions: radioreddz
I agree, pretty much all the same design with the individuals own twist for the most part. However some builders are better than others when it comes to input and output tuning, using appropriate sized wiring, higher quality components, cleaner solder work, etc. From what I've seen, I would rank BBI as one of the best in the business as he was taught by the master himself "Prime Minister" aka Sir Mix a Lot. There are several other good builders out there such as Hopper Built, Donkey Stomper, Lester's custom truck shop, etc and so on.

What bothers me is how many folks on this forum attack these amp builders without any real reason. Instead of talking crap about somebody, how about call them up and speak with them or look up their reviews?

All of these designs are based off of years old Motorola work.
I do not know of a single CB style amp builder that is/was a Electronics Engineer designing there own RF amps from the ground up.
Dave , using tech from 27 MHz Plasma cutters, made a name for using Toshiba 2879 transistors that were capable of taking lots of abuse, and class C amps that would tolerate high running voltage.
Although He was know for big input/output transformers, Varmit did it first in early solid state amps they built years ago.
Then, as CCM would say, everyone started to copy Dave Made Amps.
X Force, Fat Boy and so many more.
Remember these are gray market devices so you never had a " design team " of engineers starting from the ground up devolping and testing products before beginning production and releasing them for sale.
Even all the tube amp builders like Maco, Palamar, Varmit, D&A knew they were walking a crack in the side walk about being legal.
CB style Amps are bare bones , as few parts as possible and still work devices.
Open up a Dave Made and a Henry solid state Amp and have a look at the difference on how they are built.

Jeff

Too funny. When you consider others of the same mould, “Donkeystomper” doesn’t sound that bad. Avoiding names here...intentionally. Lol.

Reactions: Sonar
If bbi was taught by prime then why does he use the old Davemade design? Nothing against either one of them, but if your teacher was that good.....

All I can say is look at BBI's build quality and attention to detail and then look at the other builds. There is no comparison. The man takes pride in each of his builds. I've seen other builders workmanship and it's night and day. Take a look inside a donkey stomper, sloppy.

All I can say is look at BBI's build quality and attention to detail and then look at the other builds. There is no comparison. The man takes pride in each of his builds. I've seen other builders workmanship and it's night and day. Take a look inside a donkey stomper, sloppy.

I agree with that 100%. I've said in the past that his workmanship it top notch but when he starts rambling about theory and explaining how things work his ignorance shows. It's ok if you don't know everything but I have no respect for a BS artist.

He's came a long way though.......
IMG_20111209_151638.jpg
IMG_20111209_151550.jpg

I agree with that 100%. I've said in the past that his workmanship it top notch but when he starts rambling about theory and explaining how things work his ignorance shows. It's ok if you don't know everything but I have no respect for a BS artist.

He's came a long way though.......
View attachment 32661 View attachment 32662

I take it that’s an early BBI amp?

I don’t have much interest in any of these amps beyond just letting YouTube roll, but it always seemed to me that Gatekeeper’s looked pretty nice inside. Have no idea if things are done right or not, but he seems to put some effort into bias also.

I take it that’s an early BBI amp?

I don’t have much interest in any of these amps beyond just letting YouTube roll, but it always seemed to me that Gatekeeper’s looked pretty nice inside. Have no idea if things are done right or not, but he seems to put some effort into bias also.
Gate Keeper has some pretty amps, that's for sure. He has done a lot of work with the HG when they first came out. I bought my Stryker 440 from him too.

Reactions: 2NC995

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated