1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Donkey Stomper

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by Mudfoot, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Donkey Stomper 8 Pill Linear Amp:

2. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

I wonder if the FCC can use these videos the same as the cops would if he made a video of himself robbing a 7-Eleven?

rabbiporkchop likes this.
  3. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

Holy BS Batman!! 2200 watts out of 8 toshiba 2879's. That is crazy!! I thought he would have said 1500-1800, but he was swinging to just about 2500 there a couple times. Never mentions the voltage or how many watts the 2 pill was "hitting" the 8 pill with. Man someone is gonna get them a foot heater!

4. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

I know it's not a bird meter, but dang that needle might move if you sneeze on it! Just plain crazy!!!

5. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Probably could but they have better things to do.

6. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

You're right. They are pretty tied up selling off our radio spectrum to billion dollar companies. Sorry, off topic. I'm not quite awake yet. Back to the Donkey Stomper :)

7. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Donkey Stomper?
    Really?

Jeff

8. vkrules

vkrules Sr. Member

Come on the name said it all .Would you buy an amp off someone who thinks Donkey stomper is a good name.

IMD262 likes this.
  9. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

Should have been ass head amps, beinf from beavis cb shop and all. TP for my bung hole. Cornholiaio.

10. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

2500 watts at what voltage though?
    Donkey Stomper......must be Jackass Watts.

Crusher likes this.
  11. Crusher

Crusher Well-Known Member

Lol, I have seen 2650 pep on a DM 2x8 on a big unregulated supply. I think it was a Dosy. Lol.

12. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

Built by Chad Jolly at the Bevis Cb Shop. ROTFLMAO!

13. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

Maybe they have AM Power in the back room doing the assembly so they can get mowatts. LOL

Mudfoot likes this.
  14. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

I don't know anything about these amps other than they have a funny name. I won't say anything good or bad about the builder but with upwards of 17 volts a well built 8 pill will easily deadkey the numbers bing thrown around here. It will swing back on an avg meter and bury a 3k pep meter. You can't run stuff like this on a daily basis but for a hard 20 second run is a different story.

Not saying it's clean or even a smart idea but these threads usually end up with a bunch of guys calling BS as they pull up a 2879 spec sheet. The same guys will tell how much drive your amp needs based on the transistors inside. They don't consider the rest of the design...just reading a spec sheet. Most of these guys have never ran equipment this big and if they have it was on too small of a power supply with volt drop. These same guys couldn't troubleshoot an amp to save their own life.

potosiguy likes this.
  15. Crusher

Crusher Well-Known Member

Lol, I have seen a guy push a straight 8 transistor to a 3.5kw carrier. This was a shootout. 10 second key. Go or blow. I have seen a 16pill amp DK 7kw. Same thing. But if you want it to last unless money is burning a hole in you pocket. I wouldn't run it that way.