• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx anyone?

Band was good here today....Wall to wall Eastern Europe, Russians this morning. I was interested in the other than Russia stations! Great contest and I added Macedonia on 12 meters. Also worked Cyprus, Luxembourg, Morocco and heard a station from Transylvania making a contact....was not my freqency!
Planned to work a bunch of VK's this afternoon due to a country wide field day but only heard a few. Band was full of Japan, Indonesia and South Korea. Was able to make a couple contacts into all these countries, my best day into s Korea! They are always covered up with west coast big guns? Asiatic Russia RT0F was 5/5-9 at dark here, working US and SA operators.
Hope you guys got some good ones.
Anyone play on 15-17 today? I never left 10-12 but saw a couple good spots on 15.

11m was wide open on Sunday mourning:

83 div Tanzania
50 div Russia multiple stations
115 div Qatar
91 div Indonesia
153 div Thailand multiple stations
97 div Israel
102 div Kuwait

Great conditions - been awhile since I heard Thailand.

Philip

Reactions: 1 person
Strange dx today, mostly all Alaska this afternoon, I guess I know where the dipole is aimed.

Did manage to hit JA2FJP in Japan however with 50w and my 20ft dipole. Happy face here..

10/12/15 were wide open into EU today.

Working them with 100 watts on the IMAX, never bothered with the yagi as the signals were coming in from everywhere.

Got TA3D in the log 5-7 both ways on 10 meters.

Good conditions here! I managed 2new ones Latvia and Melilla :D heard a s African today but piled up like it was Mars!
Tons of EU on both 10-12, I did more SWLing than talking....noise level jumped up today especially on 10 ?? Even with that it was a dx feast....most stations were 55-59 and I even heard a few QRP guys today! Turned it back on 5 minutes about 330 pm and JA's were calling as normal....I never get tired of working Japan for some reason....exotic country ?? I guess....and there is unlimited JA's to work! They must teach Ham Radio in grade school. I worked 60 JA stations during the ARRL Dx contest couple weeks back...still I'm a sucker for a JA calling CQ! :wub: and they all sound great....never any over driven mic's or humming amps. We might need to learn from them? 73 everyone good Dx

still I'm a sucker for a JA calling CQ! :wub: and they all sound great....never any over driven mic's or humming amps. We might need to learn from them? 73 everyone good Dx
The JA's always have a good signal and I feel the same way about working Japan. I still have not worked Australia so I keep looking for them.

The JA's always have a good signal and I feel the same way about working Japan. I still have not worked Australia so I keep looking for them.

I was pretty stoked last night, stayed on radio longer than I planned on, ended up having a 5 min QSO with VK3BM in Australia, being patient with your call sometimes does pay off...when I shut down at 9, he and the Japan stations were still booming here.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that is one of my issues is I shut down to early, I will try a listening a little later into the evening. Once when I was mobile I heard a VK and tried but the pile up was big and I got to were I was going.

1009836_447317868734528_347776770_n.png

I have upgraded my mobile set-up now so look out VK's... J/K

Last edited:
I got the antique 11m radio and amp in the car.
The new Sirio 4000 and the old radio is pulling DX traffic from Wisconsin to Florida.
Heard a guy from Stuttgart briefly. I think I heard some UK and Europe as well.

I've been trying several times a day to make contacts but no luck.
Even with the amp set to low or medium I'm not getting out at all.

As soon as I can swing it I'm going to try get some altitude and hope that helps.

The skip now is much better/worse then it was back in the late 1990's.
Back in the day I made contacts in Australia, NZ, the Aleutians, Guam and all over the East coast of the US.
I'm going to keep trying until I get it right.

Taxi driver....it not the power. I work most of my calls running QRP power, 5 watts. My max is 100 watts....you can't get them if you don't hear them?
Check out www. K0BG.COM if you serious on mobile ops.....Bonding my vehicle made a huge difference in the reduction of noise and receiving the stations.
Good luck...but it is really not luck? 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated