• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Point it

It's mounted on my mini SUV. Just turn the wheels and aim. :whistle:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 1 person
Mobiles stations are not limited ....i have had a couple long path in and out of Australia during low prop recently .... That is about 20k,
Pakistan is a great contact....11 mtrs? ,!!! From a mobile!!! I green jealous!
LY
If you are talking to the wet coast, with any propagation the pacific and Asia are there, maybe a few minutes later... Listen for and to the weaker signals. I heard a Japan operator on 38 lsb a couple months ago....25hf011 mr yoshi....Australia uses 37-39 lsb call on 38 and qsy to 39 or 36. propagation is a bit off right now. Sometimes listen down around 27.195-220 Russia uses that area sometimes
I heard a 201 Tahiti today but nothing else....he was in and out ...propagation is off here, but haven't been on as much. Good dx guys

After work again 11m very quiet around 4:30pm - did hear Caribbean with a low S5/1 signal.

So then on to 20m - heard Australia station with a loud 5/9 signal, then mostly S. American stations - few Caribbean stations.

Next to 17m - heard Falkland Island 5/4 signal, then a few Japan stations.

Around 6pm on 17m I talked into Asiatic Russia, Sakhalin Island signal 5/5:D

Undertaker - great dx - what was the Pakistan call sign, time, freq, and your location?

Again quiet weekend on 11m - logged a few W European stations to DX27 on Sat. Got two new ones Herman 218AT012 and Rene 261SD/0 divisions!
Talked to good friend Jack 54AT105 very loud 5/9 10 over - nice long qso!

On 20/17m Sat/Sun was very busy and wide open in Ohio and all new contacts - Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Austria, S. Africa, Kuwait - heard many rare ones for me that I couldn't get through the pileup like Jordan and Qatar.

Feb predictions look to have gone down but still better then what it is now!

Philpoh....it was about the same here....dx became better as the Saturday progressed....seemed to open up a bit around noon and after. Sunday was very slow early. Both days I made very few contacts....listened mostly.
Ya keep talkin about that 17 meters I might start to study a bit!! Listened to 10 and 12 but nothing more than what was on 11.
Spent most of Saturday afternoon building a full wave loop....works well Qso with dxman with it hanging half n the driveway and a storage shed. Took it to the beach Sunday and worked a couple folks...changed from the loop to the mag mount vertical a few times. Loop is some quieter but the vertical seem to hear better overall. The loop was in an A pattern fed at the bottom center....I want move the fed point to 1/4 wave off the top point to see if at the beach a vertical takeoff might be better. Had a load of fun...this is a very simple antenna to build and deploy. Used the expert advise off this forum...75 ohm tv cable some connectors and wire....easy one!

As a heads up I have heard the station in Mali a few times....tons of guys working him...I will get him ASAP! Good article on the SD site about him. I recd a couple card today from Mustafa in Indonesia that was cool. I have listened for him in Java....nothing here yet.

Anyone have any odd or unusual ones to report ?? Dxman? Rob? .???
Good dx.....!

Last edited:
Very noisy on 11m after work about s2/3 level.
Did hear 2 stations from 41/43 div around 4:30pm faded out around 5pm.
Been listening for Mali - thanks for the heads up ghutch!

On 20m at 4:45pm got DX-pedition from Dakar, Senegal s5/5 14.167 - he will be active till Feb 7.

I heard mostly Caribbean/S America stations on 20m after 4:30pm today.
Also on couple Australian stations again very large signals 5/9 after 5pm.

I was traveling today heard very few station above the noise....I had s3 plus all day. Could hear down in the noise some NE USA and European station but was not able to hear any clearly or work them. Later this afternoon some South American station came in for a few minutes around 430 cst.
Philpoh it a shame the Senegal station won't work 11 meters!! The Mali station has been on 555 and 715. We just need some spots on the sun!

11m was was up on Sat/Sun mainly W Europe - no new ones here.
Conditions predicted to be up this week.

20/17m wide open again - love these bands!
On 17m couple qso's in to European Russia and to a DX-pedition on St. Helena Island.
On 20m also got couple new ones Asiatic Turkey, Serbia, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, and Lebanon.

Heard couple rare ones for me - India, United Arab Emirates, Georgia, Mali, and Sudan.

got south america on sat morning for about 20 min very good signal 5SD105 ,, that was a new one for me. heard him in and out for a few hours

Propagation has been running north to south here in Texas....have not been on radio much.
camaro....I think I heard the 5 division station as well on sat..
I'll be on this weekend....hope the conditions improve.....building a skypper 3 element portable beam!

On 11m talked to 69rc124/hb25 nice signal around 5:30pm and that was about all.

Talked to couple new ones for me on 20m - Lithuania, Crete, Jan Mayen Norway and LP into Perth Australia big signal. On 17m heard a couple I just couldn't break through - Turkey, Cameroon.

Going to get on 40m now - a lot of Europe on late - making another dipole to throw in the tree - neighbors most wonder about me:)

Have not been on much the last week or so....job!?? Listen some during the day as I travel. Weak but there are dx contacts out on the airwaves.
Band is dead until about 830am cst here. No area is very strong , a few .5/9 cq callers but the vast majority are 4/4 to 5/3-4. Propagation is just not where we want it. Strongest stations here in s Texas are USA, Canada and the South Americans. At times this morning the band opened up some and again about noon.....I did work Libya 92at105 this morning a new one or me!
Took about 30 minutes of listening for conditions to slowly improve, he started at the noise level and was barely audible. A few minutes later I checked the freqency his conditions improved up to a level I thought was strong enough to make a call. It amazes me at times, seeing a spot on one of the clusters, tuning it and hear nothing. Set a few minutes and conditions sometimes improve to a point contact can be made....listening is the key...
Some cool activations out there! Several RC/HB activations out there...I worked 69 and 34 div. this morning calling from these activations. Some long path pacific was heard this morning. Good Dx guys 73

Got a new one on 20m - about 7:45am Sunday - first cq I heard!

UN7QF Gennadiy from Kazakhstan a 4/4 into Ohio, was on for good 15min calling for N America only.

Philpoh

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.