• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Lately?

Earlier today before I went to work these were the contacts made:
145 ------------------ NW PA
462 (COWBOY) ----- SE OH
460 ------------------ PA
305 ------------------ OH
31 ------------------ OH
77 ------------------ OH
#1 Agitator --------
101 (on the Yaesu)-

but not so many as a couple days ago.
Then I got in the mobile to go to work about 11:30 AM CST. Got a few from the SUV:

711 -------- WV
215 -------- VA
227 -------- KY (eastern)
605 -------- WV
555 -------- SC
Stump Jumper --- WV
662 --------- Detroit, MI

JUST GOT 309 IN QUEBEC AND 343 ALSO IN QUEBEC CANADA AT 10:40 PM CHICAGO TIME ON NEW YEARS EVE. I PUT UP A HOMEMADE WIRE DIPOLE ABOUT 20 FOOT IN THE AIR HORIZONTAL AND IT SEEMS IT'S WORKING BETTER FOR SKIP THAN MY IMAX AT 30 FOOT. MUST BE CONDITIONS. THIS IS THE FARTHEST SKIP I'VE DONE SO FAR. (y)

Made some good contacts yesterday...just wanted to share

4020 coco beach FLorida
979 washington state
949 mobile washington state
477 santamonica cal
232 utah
32 arizona
707 boise idaho
712 washington state
484 pamona cal
357 arizona

It seems like all I can hear when I turn my radio on is the west coast...lol
sitin up her in western NY at around 1300' on my rci2970n2 and my 102"whip in my old
F350...

i did some 38 lsb the other day
had some real close groundwave from lubbock texas down to port author
and houston then had some lousiania then i had some hawaii tehn talked to jeff 269 in Austrailia i was hitting him with 3 s-units then stepped on a footpedal and he said it jumped to a 8 and 9 we talked for over a hour off and on
i think im coming down with the ssb bug again

i did some 38 lsb the other day
had some real close groundwave from lubbock texas down to port author
and houston then had some lousiania then i had some hawaii tehn talked to jeff 269 in Austrailia i was hitting him with 3 s-units then stepped on a footpedal and he said it jumped to a 8 and 9 we talked for over a hour off and on
i think im coming down with the ssb bug again

38lsb needs more cotton pikas.....(y)

I answered UT from NW PA right after Christmas...did that on 19 even.

Since then its been pretty hit/miss...most times I'm mobile trying to do the skip thing, and you literally drive right out of the conditions and lose your contact.

Talked to a gentleman in Pittsburg, PA Monday afternoon (1-3-2011), but that's been about it lately. A good bit of noise, but not much skip.

Yea, thats hows its been here on the east coast....:bored: My SSB rig blew up, just got a replacement in, but after 3 days of skip before I got it in! And now nothing...:unsure:

T23

Made contact with 142 in NW Indiana And 247 in New Hampshire was done about 2pm today. But after 5 pm here we have locals who think that 38LSB is their personal chit chat channel and these are older licensed ham operators :mad: They think it's funny to key over any form of skip as they talk about football scores, haircuts,what dentist they use and so on. I can get out over them but can't receive as they give me S7 to S9. And no talking to them or asking for a break doesn't help! I need a beam, rotor, and bigger "box"!:w00t:

Finally heard some real good dx on 38lsb today....its been a couple weeks since the last time i made any contacts...made a couple today....also heard ww11 and 4040 boomin in to NY for a little while...i tried to get back to them but it was pretty rough on there..(y)....hope this weekend is as good as it was today....:pop:

Been hit and miss around here. A COUPLE OF US ARE STARTING TO GET BACK INTO IT PRETTY HEAVY NOW THAT i FIXED THEM UP WITH RADIOS AND ANTENNAS FOR THEIR MOBILE. i JUST GOT THE aNTRON UP ABOUT 40 FEET. gOING TO HOOK UP MY ar3500 TO A POWER SUPPLY AND SEE WAT HAPPENS. i'M JUST EAST OF hOUSTON ABOUT 20 MUILES. Sorry for the caps. Too lazy to start over.

After 3 months of nada, it finally picked up yesterday and today. Lots of "dirty" skip during the day, but tonight after 6pm EST things really opened up. Good contacts in Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, and Texas on channels 15 and 28 (AM). Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, and Tennessee on 38Lsb. Checked my log book, and last year things started happening here almost exactly to the day. Could have talked to a lot more stations if the pileups hadn't been so bad.

speaking of pileups we need to get it so that if it gets pretty busy on 38lsb that we start going to 37 and 39 and then even to 36 and 40 if it really gets jammed

sometimes you can hear 10 or more stations trying to talk and you go to one of the others and there is not a single station on it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated