• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Easter Weekend Contest Rules

Hello All: Listened in on the mobile and the base, from the So Cal Mojave Desert, 5 Element Crusader Yagi Beam at 55 Ft, I could hear Florida in the background, and I could hear other voices/signals but hard to understand as every signal was right there in the noise. Turned the beam from pointing east to south, south west for the Pacific Islands, then north nothing heard.

But the odd thing is I could hear voices/signals in the background, Spanish maybe Portuguese, and some English, but again all the signals in the noise hard to make out. It appeared that noise could be heard that possibility skipped in from other locations and such. I will listen in again today.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Nothing here but the islands down in the Caribbean MAN they were booming in to N FL, nothing else was happening.

Not much here all weekend as well. Heard a couple of stations out west on 38lsb, K44 out of Cali, and a couple of other out west. Other then that it wee pretty dead here the entire weekend!!

Actually conditions were very good...If you were working the Second biggest SSB contest of the year ARRL SSB WPX contest...
Asia and S. Pacific stations were very strong here (IND) and Europe was almost non stop during the day on 20m followed by 40m in the evenings...Even good openings reported on 75m during the night hours...
Sorry I did not get to make any contacts with WDX stations even though Wavrider/KJ4IIF and I worked Sunday morning on 75m...Also had a nice chat with Firerunner/KK6USY (I think Thursday Morning) from IND to CALIF....along with catching Jim BR549/KM4IAF briefly that same evening...
Holiday and Family weekend just did not leave enough opportunity to add to the DXCC contacts and leave space for WDX activity also... :-(
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Reactions: w9cll and wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.