• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Echo board for my Magnum S-980

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I'm needing a echo board for my Magnum S-980. Who has one I can buy??

Attachments

• 20191003_154918.jpg
    20191003_154918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20191003_154922.jpg
    20191003_154922.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

The echo board in that radio is a custom item found only in a Magnum radio from that era. It has both the echo and talkback on it. That board was never imported as a sale item separate from the radio, far as I know.

Just looked at the Copper web site. Every echo board there is marked "discontinued".

If you install a typical aftermarket echo board found on Ebay you will lose your talkback feature.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
It’s possible Avera Distributing may have one. It’s also very possible that I have one laying around here somewhere, I’ll look.

Whats wrong with yours?

Also, Nomad is exactly right. That board has a relay that clicks on when you key the radio, that’s for the talkback. Either repair your board or replace it with exactly the same type made for a Magnum.

It’s possible Avera Distributing may have one. It’s also very possible that I have one laying around here somewhere, I’ll look.

Whats wrong with yours?

Also, Nomad is exactly right. That board has a relay that clicks on when you key the radio, that’s for the talkback. Either repair your board or replace it with exactly the same type made for a Magnum.

It has a issue that it's making the radio key up and stay stuck in transmit when you turn it on. When I bypass it radio works fine.

Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.