• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EMP THREAT?

Wait just a minute I saw the movie it's coming from the north we all will have to go to Mexico if we can get over the wall.

canadian-bacon.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
EMP is a very real thing. Aircraft that fly by wire will drop out of the sky unless the system has been "Hardened" against it. That is one of the reasons why the USSR still is using Tubes.
The Eastern coast of the US was knocked out by a solar flare, fairly low power vs that generated by a nuclear blast.

One reason I will never get rid of my TS-520S all discrete components not a ic in it.
Also tubes in the PA

Didn't the green new deal include rebuilding the power grid, along with every other structure in the country? Maybe the waitress really does have things figured out?

Didn't the green new deal include rebuilding the power grid, along with every other structure in the country? Maybe the waitress really does have things figured out?
I don't know about the power grid but she does want every single building in the country completely rebuilt, upgraded to GREEN tech it would only cost 137 Trillion dollars but don't worry she will only tax you up to 70% to get it done and if that dont work a cardboard box held together with plastic straws will.

Fukashima was a freakish disaster of a Tsunami hitting it square on. Most power plants have a static inverter net work to keep critical systems powered up until the diesel power back up comes on. Then they can get the system back on line. However if a sizeable EMP event occurs there may not be any "On Line" to send power out.
The huge transfomers and all pole pots would be smoked and it would take about 15 to 25 years to recover and the electronics industry would be on it's ass with no computers to design IC's, transistors, or circuit boards. We would be right back to the late 1800's.

Its a big, big big, deal hardening the grid. Glad Trump is at least addressing it. Lets see what gets done. There are a couple of scary books. One Second After by William Forstchen. Takes place in Black Mountain , North Carolina. Doomsday type of novel.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.