• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Engine noise

Just to follow up.

I've located a large portion of the noise. In the distributor there is an igniter module. I've replaced it and dropped over half of my engine noise. When I have more time I'll keep on piddiling.
I ran a ground wire, 8 gauge, from my battery negative post to the alternator bracket/bolt. Didn't solve everything but, it helped quite a lot.
Just a thought.

Don't overlook the impact that worn out spark plugs can have. I can always tell when the plugs in my Jeep need to be replaced because the ignition hash gets pretty bad.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I had a lot of 'hash' on HF (Icom IC-706) on my '96 Tacoma and '02 Tundra. I bonded everything with braided straps and installed the large 1" snap-on ferrite blocks where the wiring terminates at the in-tank fuel pump.

For ignition noise, check the specific gravity of your vehicle's battery ... I noticed increased ignition noise as the battery got older. New battery helped ;)

In my older '89 Toyota pickup, I ended up eliminating a lot of ignition noise by swapping out the Wilson 1000 for a K-40.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated