• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ever need to gang 3 cheap air compressors together?

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011

Once Winter is over I might try this. I need to do some body work from a hit and run accident to my 2003 Camry. I have not painted a car in at least 12 years! I used to do about 1 a year starting around 1988 and then I had kids 3 of them! Diapers and baby food for twins will kill our car hobby fund in a hurry! LOL

Still, have my spray guns but no lift or air compressor lost those when I lost my first home.

My wife dropped full coverage on my car without telling me and also raised the deductible. So my deductible is like $1000 and the estimate for the work was $1500. Parts are only $200 and PPG paint and clear for the entire car will be $300. Now I just need to rebuild my guns and get a compressor, air dryer and house. Depending on what I buy I can refinish the entire car for just a little more than my Deductable.

If I need to I can use my uncle's workshop but I do like any legit excuse to by tools! Tools always save your ass when you need them. Maybe I can teach my twins to their will how to do some body work or how to paint. Besides sports and PS4 they have ZERO manly skills. LOL

I sure hope someone get's to put this to use it sure seems darn handy!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I did that about four years ago with out all of the added electronics. I used two compressors that put out 4.8 scfm @ 90PSI. Works good for this little Sand Blasting cabinet. I have the start up pressures set to come on at 110 psi and shut off at 135 psi which means at least one compressor is running at all times. Then I have one large shopvac pulling all of the air out of the cabinet to take out the dust to maintain visibility.
I also use the Quickrete Sand from Home Depot for my blasting media. For about $15.00 I can feed and replace the media four or more times. When I hear the second one fire up while the other is running, it is usually time to take a break.

https://www.harborfreight.com/benchtop-blast-cabinet-62454.html#reviews

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-50-lb-All-Purpose-Sand-115251/100318450

That's a really neat video. If they are on separate circuits, I would just plug them in and let them do what they do. There is no real need to make them sequential if they are on separate circuits. Adjust the cut in and cut out pressures so they are not all doing the same thing if it makes you happy. What is really needed is to run the proper electrical feed to each one and get rid of the extension cords.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.