• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Excellent Condition??

Yup I got a Northstar here owned by my grandma, she only used it to DX during high skip conditions according to the farmers radio almanac. She also sent Jim and Tammy a lot of money to pray about it to the Mitsubishi gods so the 1969 wouldn’t go out.

Blessed radio. Used but in excellent condition. All original and unmolested. Slight sticker residue on top cover from a Jim & Tammy prayer partners sticker. Old school color changing led in the meter. Richard Pryor noise toy included.

First $375 takes it.

C8F7EBD5-458B-43AA-8510-06B0841630BE.jpeg

Does that come with a Trowel Kit from Tammy Fay Baker - Bakeries and Cosmetics, Inc...?

Last I knew when they got thrown into jail - they ended up forfeiting the companies - I wonder if that's how Baofong got started...

Reactions: Rwb
No, if you want the pie face look you’re on your own. It was probably in the starter pack my grandma got upon her first donation but she probably dropped that in the church donation box.

Yes yes n yes to all the last 5 posts.
Ray stevns says hummmmmm amen hummmmmm

I purchase items off the net. I have only had maybe six questionable items 2, I sent back. This is out of like 700 items over the years. I live remote off grid in Northern California. I am not a crying Liberal by no means. It is still Gods Country here. I have paid shipping, high or low. It is still cheaper than driving to New York or ? in the Midwest or?. It is still cheaper for me. Going to town is 100 bill for fuel. I don't care for people who buy things off the net and cry about shipping. They are not living in a real world. Just picked up a code oscillator that needed repair, 8 dollars shipping. I have it repaired already and am using it. I still have to drive to a post office but it is 10 miles instead of 2,000 miles. For those that gripe about shipping, it is what it is. Kinda suck it up (Buttercup)

I purchase items off the net. I have only had maybe six questionable items 2, I sent back. This is out of like 700 items over the years. I live remote off grid in Northern California. I am not a crying Liberal by no means. It is still Gods Country here. I have paid shipping, high or low. It is still cheaper than driving to New York or ? in the Midwest or?. It is still cheaper for me. Going to town is 100 bill for fuel. I don't care for people who buy things off the net and cry about shipping. They are not living in a real world. Just picked up a code oscillator that needed repair, 8 dollars shipping. I have it repaired already and am using it. I still have to drive to a post office but it is 10 miles instead of 2,000 miles. For those that gripe about shipping, it is what it is. Kinda suck it up (Buttercup)

Holy crap, it’d cost you $100 for fuel to go to town? You ain’t lying bout off grid, hell, you’re off map too at that point.

But you make a good point. The postal service blows in my opinion and they’ve gotten crazy with their prices. If you get away from one of their boxes, flat rate that is, you gotta lean back to look up to see the price. It’s ridiculous. But it still does beat driving to get it yourself, I got to agree with you on that.

But shipping cost have gotten out of hand. Everything goes up except your pay, that’s what hurts the most about paying shipping.

as for bitching about shipping costs......a lot of times it is justified. the bitching i mean. When someone is selling a $25 item that will fit in your shirt pocket and charges $30 or more for shipping they are trying to screw you over plain and simple. Sure....don't buy it but he may be the only one selling what you want. Don't insult my intelligence by charging a cheap price and then try to tell me it costs $30 to ship it in an envelope. Charge more for the product and charge REAL shipping costs if you want to. At least it's honest.

as for bitching about shipping costs......a lot of times it is justified. the bitching i mean. When someone is selling a $25 item that will fit in your shirt pocket and charges $30 or more for shipping they are trying to screw you over plain and simple. Sure....don't buy it but he may be the only one selling what you want. Don't insult my intelligence by charging a cheap price and then try to tell me it costs $30 to ship it in an envelope. Charge more for the product and charge REAL shipping costs if you want to. At least it's honest.
that i agre with.seen a radio worth $50 n was posted buy it now for $40+ $40 shipping. Cost $12 to get my delta force shipped to me from utah to mo which is reasonable not 40 bucks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.