• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expo 100 expander channel kits info needed

You should hook a brother up with them Cobra kits then...

Or donate one to a certain person that is smart enough to reproduce them. Maybe they weren’t super popular the last however many years but still, I’d buy them if they were available and priced fairly.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads...s-without-the-panda.220999/page-2#post-642485

RPC, just to over simplify ( for a change) The Expo kits are essentially a one transistor oscillator that "swamps" or over powers the 15.360 signal. The first item in the linked post may be a better alternative. With ICM closing their doors there really isn't a custom crystal manufacturer easily accessible in North America. Back when Lou and the CBC Int group initially produced the kits the crystals were less than $5 in quantity. Priced a HC or HU35 custom crystal lately?

So as long as we still have limited through hole support and SMD architecture we can still see with the naked eye it would sem that multiple PLL locked dividers or wide ranging DDS (yes , the EvilBay Chinese) are the best option.

Unless you want to tackle a mechanical VFO :)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Heck to the no. This is all an attempt to just drop a band in a 29 to move them out my shop. I wasn’t aware of the crystal epidemic, I’m not that into it, yet.

Sadly this may be the end of this, sad. I’ll look into one of the other option in this thread and see which works out best for me.

I have installed several of the Digi-Max mods. It does what it says.

The installation is invasive and rather involved, especially if it's going into a radio not listed explicitly in his instructions.

Not something you'll put into a Cobra 29 classic to use in your off-road adventures.

The prices is a bit high, but compare it to alternatives that do the same thing.

Haha, my off road adventures, that’s funny. It’s not for me directly but I think I know what you meant.

Yea, I was looking for quick and simple. Pop it in, maybe tune a little and send it out the door with the owner. I don’t think that’s what that kit would be and definitely not a cheap option. Opportunity missed for them and myself. Oh well.

But this has got me thinking though and I’m still gonna look into the other ideas mentioned. Might still be some sort of option out there.

I don’t know what I want. I was thinking of getting some for the 29’s to add a lower band just so I could move out some of the ones I have. I haven’t given it much more thought lately though, I saw what he’s offering but just haven’t thought much more of it.

the A kit 26.525 to 27.845 mhz the A+ kit 26.515-27.855 Mhz. im looking for a switch for a kit if I find one you can have it I don't know if it works I think it is a A kit

My wholesaler list a “tuneup kit” for the Expo kits but of course, no Expo kits. I don’t know what the tuneup kits are, they don’t say and nothing much listed about them.

I’d greatly appreciate the kit. Looks like I’m gonna just have to pony up and buy some from Lester. Expensive endeavor I believe, hope it pays off.

Well see, I don’t know what I need but I believe A’s would be the ones or A+’s. And Lester has the ones he’s building, I wish there was a cheaper and easier way to pull this off. Now you got me curious what those work in though, time to go check out the chart and see. Might just take you up on some of those.

Thanks!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.