• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Export with SSB

Like Unit 725 said: 2970dx

With a good tune like from DTB Radio (whom is on this forum) will really get this radio talking.

2950dx & 2970dx have been the only radios that I have used for the last 5 yrs now - oh sure, I've tired others just to see what they were like, but they are long gone now and only the 50's or 70's are in use here.

I guess it depends on what you consider Decently powerful, and then if you want echo or not. Kind of a wide open question with about a dozen different radio's I can think of off hand.

You know it actually all depends on what you want as far as bells and whistles and on the lines of what DTB said about being alligned and tuned properly any radio will sound like $h!+ IF NOT DONE PROPERLY. ...So just be sure to purchase from a reputable shop Theres a few on this forum with one replying earlier in this post ;)

bigred222 said:
Im looking for a Decently powerful Export with SSB. Ok boys what do i buy?

BEEN THERE DONE THIS!!!

I would actually go with the lower powered 25-35 watt radios and run an amp.

Its seems a person is NEVER happy with the current power they have and will always want more.

With the 25-35 watt radio, you can use it for most of the amps out there.

I myself like the 2950DX with a Texas Star DX 400V

Thats just me

"""""I myself like the 2950DX with a Texas Star DX 400V Thats just me""""" Thats what I run but just the straight 400 no variable and I run a Mirage 2950 EX they are basically the DX But its an awsome setup I actually may run this Palomar TX 5200 with it that Amp is real clean sounding and I got a whole lotta flowers running it in the house testing it with that 2950 EX. I agree WITH RUNNING AN AMPLIFIER AND THEN WHEN YOU WANT TO UPGRADE YOU CAN BUY A BIGGER AMP. Alsio these Standard dual final Transistor radios are more reliable because they run cooler and as we know the heat is the Components worst enemy

ive only had 2 radios since i got back into cb last fall and they arnt high end radios . but id just wanted to say that ive noticed on these forums that most of the better known brands and models will have someone rooting for them but in looking a lil deeper into the post i really think who does the setup on the radio really seems to make the difference . some people want to wack out their radios with some super size package of mods and some want their radios set up and aligned for cleanest rx and tx .
i know id rather have a halfway decient radio setup by someone known for clean quality work than a really really nice radio worked on by a super snipin solder jocky . i agree you cant turn a sows ear into a silk purse.......but you can damn near turn a silk purse into a sows ear .

bigred222 said:
Im looking for a Decently powerful Export with SSB. Ok boys what do i buy?

the 2950 & 2970 are really clean inside, surface mount board, and the best reputation on SSB.

However, its personal preference. I don't have much love for an LCD bar-graph S-meter. I like the big galaxy s-meter needle, and LED displays.

for lower cost SSB radio, the SuperStar-158 looks good to me. Might actually be a few dollars cheaper than the rci-2950. I'd love to find out how it compares.

The magnum-S9 is another SSB rig. Looks neat on the outside, but look under the cover? eww.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.